CCM Air Knit vs. On Ice

Benja08

Hello, I am new to CCM. I am stuck in buying between two jerseys. They are both made by CCM. One is an on ice jersey. The other says air knit on it. Are either of them the ones that the players actually wore at some point on the ice , and are authentic. I appreciate the help. I never bought a CCM jersey before. I wan’t an more authentic jersey the players actually wear.

Hello, and welcome to these forums! 

To answer your questions, we would need some pictures of the jerseys to see which era they are from, and so we can see certain details which tell you whether they are authentic (on-ice) or replicas.  The first jersey, if it says "Authentic On-Ice Game Jersey" is probably that (if it's not fake, that is), but it anybody's guess as to what the second is.  You can upload the photos to a photosharing service like imgur, flickr, etc. and post the links here.

10 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Hello, and welcome to these forums! 

To answer your questions, we would need some pictures of the jerseys to see which era they are from, and so we can see certain details which tell you whether they are authentic (on-ice) or replicas.  The first jersey, if it says "Authentic On-Ice Game Jersey" is probably that (if it's not fake, that is), but it anybody's guess as to what the second is.  You can upload the photos to a photosharing service like imgur, flickr, etc. and post the links here.

I don’t have the jerseys yet. I am stuck between buying them online. I am not sure which one to buy. The one is A Flyers jersey, and it says On Ice collection on the tag. The other is a Bruins Air Knit jersey. The seller told me he bought the Bruins one in 1989. The Flyers was early 2000’s. Also are Air knit jerseys still authentic jerseys the player wear, because CCM makes multiple types of jerseys like ultra fill. I don’t know if they are both authentic.

Edited by Benja08
I forgot to mention something.

You can also post links to the online listing.  I'm guessing the Flyers is an on-ice authentic, but if the Bruins is really that old, it's probably a replica.  Authentics from the 1980's are not real common.  If the Bruins has a screened CCM logo on the back hem, and it doesn't have a fight strap, then it's a replica.  If the CCM logo is embroidered and the jersey has a fight strap, it's probably an authentic (that is, if it's not fake).  Still need to see pictures to be sure.

Edited by LAK74

3 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

You can also post links to the online listing.  I'm guessing the Flyers is an on-ice authentic, but if the Bruins is really that old, it's probably a replica.  Authentics from the 1980's are not real common.  If the Bruins has a screened CCM logo on the back hem, and it doesn't have a fight strap, then it's a replica.  If the CCM logo is embroidered and the jersey has a fight strap, it's probably an authentic (that is, if it's not fake).  Still need to see pictures to be sure.

Oh okay thanks for the info. They also are both worn before. The Flyers one is 150 dollars, while the Bruins is around 300 dollars. They are also both blank jerseys. Their are no flaws with them really, even though they are preowned from the pictures. I will try to send the pictures. I am new to all this. How do I do that again?

A Bruins authentic from that time would be somewhat expensive, so if the seller is asking $300, it had better be an authentic or you are being ripped off!  Usually you can get a 2000's Flyers authentic for less than $150.  

If you don't want to open an account with a photosharing service, let me know and I can PM you with my e-mail address so you can send the photos directly.

19 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

A Bruins authentic from that time would be somewhat expensive, so if the seller is asking $300, it had better be an authentic or you are being ripped off!  Usually you can get a 2000's Flyers authentic for less than $150.  

If you don't want to open an account with a photosharing service, let me know and I can PM you with my e-mail address so you can send the photos directly.

Okay thanks. I am actually horrible with the computer. I just wan’t to be sure with what I am getting is authentic. So for the prices they both seem about authentic. How also do you PM? I am interested in that method.

PM sent to you.