Future Expansion

lafountain

Didn't see anything on this recently.  So Seattle sent in an application a couple weeks ago to be the leagues 32nd team.  The city finally reached a deal to completely renovate Key Arena (again).  The league has already said that the next expansion team Expansion Draft would be the same rules as what Vegas had.  Starting 1 Mar, Seattle will be doing their Season Ticket drive.  Goal for Seattle is to begin play in the 20/21 season as the Arena would be ready in 2020.  

All my life, I have cheered for Seattle sports (except for baseball, but my fandom of the A's is still tied to the State of Washington), I have always wondered if Seattle got a team would I change allegiances from the Sabres to a Seattle team, I guess we could possibly find out in a few years.

• 8 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

I created that thread back when this forum was first started, I guess after yesterdays news of Seattle being awarded a team, I get to see how my loyalties are impacted.  I know I will cheer for Seattle, but we shall see if they supplant Buffalo as my #1.

• 3 months later...

I believe they will start play in 2021-2022. Renovations to Key Arena are pushing back their entry date. I'm curious to see how the rules of the Expansion Draft will be implemented. Does the league basically give another city an already assembled playoff team, like they did for Vegas?

• 4 years later...
On 2/23/2018 at 4:35 PM, lafountain said:

Didn't see anything on this recently.  So Seattle sent in an application a couple weeks ago to be the leagues 32nd team.  The city finally reached a deal to completely renovate Key Arena (again).  The league has already said that the next expansion team Expansion Draft would be the same rules as what Vegas had.  Starting 1 Mar, Seattle will be doing their Season Ticket drive.  Goal for Seattle is to begin play in the 20/21 season as the Arena would be ready in 2020.  

All my life, I have cheered for Seattle sports (except for baseball, but my fandom of the A's is still tied to the State of Washington), I have always wondered if Seattle got a team would I change allegiances from the Sabres to a Seattle team, I guess we could possibly find out in a few years.

So...5 years later. Vegas hoists Lord Stanley's Cup. And Seattle gets a playoff team....Did u change allegiance to the Kraken?