Different versions of heroes of hockey/ccm vintage?

Penguins71

I have a Mario lemieux heroes of hockey that my girlfriend got me for Valentine's day. I was wondering...I was looking at vintage flames jerseys and I saw hockey jersey outlet has CCM vintage flames that are made in Canada...

Why are some CCM vintage (I mean the current vintage replicas) made in Canada and some are made in Indonesia?

Are the canadian replicas better the way they say the canadian edge is better than indoedges?

Edited by Penguins71

All of the CCM "Vintage Hockey" series replica jerseys should be made in Canada. There is also a newer line of CCM vintage replicas called "Team Classics," which is made in Indonesia.  The 2 series are slightly different in cut, but quality-wise they are pretty comparable.  For some teams' jerseys, a few details in the Vintage Hockey ones seem to be slightly more faithful to those of the original jerseys, or at least that's my impression.

There is a new series of "Heroes of Hockey" jerseys which are pre-lettered at the factory, and have tagging that looks very similar to that of the "Team Classics" series.  These are also made in Indonesia, and have a tag near the front hem of the jersey with the name of the player on it.  Most likely this is the one you got from your girlfriend.  Be aware that there are still some older "Heroes of Hockey" jerseys (including some of Lemieux) floating around out there that are counterfeit and made in Asia.  These have neck tags that look just like the Vintage Hockey ones, with "Made in Canada" size tags (but they're not made there).  These jerseys have numeric sizes instead of letter sizes, and they also have fight straps.  Hopefully you don't have one of these, because they are fake.

Yes, the NHL shop will only sell legit jerseys, so you're OK there.  The Canadian-made Vintage Hockey series also has a version of the white Penguins jersey available.  If you look carefully at it, you will notice differences in the striping pattern, which is what I meant earlier about some details being different between different series replicas.  So if for any reason you prefer the Canadian one, you have another option.  The VH one is blank, so you will have to get it lettered, which is an extra step, but you will have much more control over how the customization looks.

Wait - so is this a legit jersey or a fake?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-Jersey-NY-Rangers-Beukeboom-CCM-/292045720233?hash=item43ff480aa9:g:n2gAAOSwfVpYu32P

Sorry photobucket is being a PITA. Neck tag says CCM Vintage Hockey "Made in Canada", has numeric size (48), and fight strap.

I can only see one picture in the auction, of the back number area.  But it does have double elbows, an NHL shield, and looks airknit, so it's consistent with what you said about the neck tag.  So it's a Vintage series authentic (2003), of which there were many different models available.  The fake ones I was referring to have "Heroes of Hockey" tags on them.  This one isn't one of them.

Zeshy, I forgot to mention that the fakes have the large gray Vintage Hockey neck tags (like the replica ones), whereas the legit authentics have a smaller tag with blue margins.