New member here..... a few questions if I may?

VAI999

1. What happens to the price of the old style authentics, now that the EDGE jerseys are out.

2. Anyone now where I can get a DEVILS authentic in a size 52 or 56

3. Does anyone have any of the "new" CCM Classics? (I guess these will be as close to the old style jersey that one can find, unless buying used)

4. Any websites I should avoid ordering customized jerseys from, I have herd some horror stories in the past... any one order from Jerseyexpress.com

5. How rare is it to get a jersey with the letters sewn directly to the jersey (no name plate). I ordered a custom Florida 3RD BURE 10 A from NHL.com and they sewed the letters (z pattern stitching) directly to the jersey.

Thanks in advance

1. What happens to the price of the old style authentics, now that the EDGE jerseys are out.

3. Does anyone have any of the "new" CCM Classics? (I guess these will be as close to the old style jersey that one can find, unless buying used)

4. Any websites I should avoid ordering customized jerseys from, I have herd some horror stories in the past... any one order from Jerseyexpress.com

5. How rare is it to get a jersey with the letters sewn directly to the jersey (no name plate). I ordered a custom Florida 3RD BURE 10 A from NHL.com and they sewed the letters (z pattern stitching) directly to the jersey.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the board first of all. Now for my attempt at answering your questions.

1: Many sites have discounted the old style to make room for the stock of the new EDGE jerseys. You may be able to find some of the older styles you are looking for from websites who are doing this, though many have discounted quite a bit and their stock is pretty much gone.

2: Are you referring to the EDGE style or the old style here? If the EDGE style, then I would recommend buying from here at icejerseys.com. For the old style, Ebay may be your best bet.

3: I don't personally, but there may be others who do and they can answer.

4: The websites I have bought from have always been pretty good. If you want them customized the best though, again icejerseys.com may be your best bet. They letter the jerseys the same ways the pros do. Even their replicas have authentic style lettering on it. A few websites this year are offering heat pressed lettering sewn onto the jerseys (replicas), this to me is not an acceptable way of having a jersey I am going to buy.

5: Again, I have not seen much of this. Shop.nhl.com surprises me that they would sew it directly onto the jersey, unless that is how the Panthers did it, but I am not aware of this being the case.

Hope this was able to be of some help, and again welcome to the board. We got a bunch of good, knowledgeable freaks....I mean people here.

Welcome to the board.

In regards to the Bure Florida jersey i can tell you that NHL Teams NEVER sew directly onto the jersey.

They always sew onto a namepate.

I hope that helps.

Villa

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the boards!

From what I've heard, I'd definitely stick to getting customized jerseys from here. I'd avoid heat-pressed jerseys like the PLAGUE! I'm a little bent about this situation since my Ducks replica Selanne jersey I had customized at the Honda Center had the numbers and nameplate peel right off.

Thanks in advance

From what I've seen, some places are discounting the old jerseys, but no one is giving them away for sure.

The CCM vintage jerseys are great. Or is this new CCM Classic something new that I haven't caught onto yet?

Jerseyexpress has a good reputation. I haven't ordered a lot from them, but I have bought from them in the past and others continue to say good things about them.

I believe the only two teams that sew letters directly to the jerseys are the Rangers and Red Wings. To be honest, NHL.com is not the best place for getting a customized jersey. I got a Modano Dallas Stars alternate and the "9" on the back was rotated about 5 degrees clockwise and I've heard about too many quality control issues with their customizing to be comfortable buying from them. My Caps Ovechkin from them did turn out fine though, but 50% success rate, plus word of mouth from others such as yourself, isn't very comforting.

NHL.com seems to be very sloppy when it comes to customizing their jerseys. I've ordered customized jerseys from them a couple times and it only takes them about 3 or 4 days to get the jersey to me. Now, this means one of two things: either they have BOXES of jerseys in EVERY SINGLE size tagged with EVERY SINGLE player ready to ship(which I find hard to believe)...OR...they just rush the crap out of their jerseys. The ones I have came with a lot of very thin strands hanging off of the nameplate and the letters. It's a shame really. You'd figure the official supplier would take the most care.

NHL.com seems to be very sloppy when it comes to customizing their jerseys. I've ordered customized jerseys from them a couple times and it only takes them about 3 or 4 days to get the jersey to me. Now, this means one of two things: either they have BOXES of jerseys in EVERY SINGLE size tagged with EVERY SINGLE player ready to ship(which I find hard to believe)...OR...they just rush the crap out of their jerseys. The ones I have came with a lot of very thin strands hanging off of the nameplate and the letters. It's a shame really. You'd figure the official supplier would take the most care.

They did a good job on it, the numbers and name are z stitched, just odd that the name was direct to the jersey. Seems to me that that would be more difficult than using the name plate.

Here's some shots of the ones I was referring to:

It's tough to see in the shot but there's a lot of white threads hanging loosely off the letters. No big deal but still sloppy nonetheless.

These are very prominent. You can clearly see the silver threads that are flying every which way. Doh.

Oh and don't mind my Rangers tickets in the background there. They came today! Woo-hoo!!

Here's some shots of the ones I was referring to:

It's tough to see in the shot but there's a lot of white threads hanging loosely off the letters. No big deal but still sloppy nonetheless.

These are very prominent. You can clearly see the silver threads that are flying every which way. Doh.

Oh and don't mind my Rangers tickets in the background there. They came today! Woo-hoo!!

The material of the Ohlund name doesn't seem to be the correct one. is that silver glitter material?

The material of the Ohlund name doesn't seem to be the correct one. is that silver glitter material?

That's the material for the 3rd Jersey.

Heh at least you got a name plate...

What can be done about that kind of stuff, I mean they say that it's the official lettering and what not, but them you recieve a product that isn't what they describe. They say there are no returns of special ordered jerseys, but if you don't get what you pay for you should have some recourse. Anyone try and return anything to NHL.COM.

Vai, if you're in an area with sports equipment shops, they might be other options to get customizations done. You can ask to see the ones they've done and if you detect a mistake, if they have a return/refund/redo policy right there on the spot. Where I live, there are a few off-line options that are pretty good. I got a bunch of jerseys done at a local store and they did my customizing professionally and accurately. 2001-era Bruins and Islanders on the nameplates and with appropriate colors, Red Wings without the nameplate and with the correct arch.

That's the big kicker for Red Wings jerseys, whether the arch and kerning (space between letters) are correct. For some reason, that seems to be a detail that people don't pay attention to.

I've gotten a Devils jersey customized at a pro shop once. They said they do everything to the exact specifications the players wear, but when I received my jersey, I immediately noticed that there was way too much space between the letters. I ended up using an Xacto knife to remove the nameplate and then sent it to IceJerseys.

That's a good idea to ask to see jerseys they have done. I wish I had thought of that.

Vai, if you're in an area with sports equipment shops, they might be other options to get customizations done. You can ask to see the ones they've done and if you detect a mistake, if they have a return/refund/redo policy right there on the spot.

There's a (oddly) well regarded place near me that if you walk in, they have about 10 jerseys hanging from the ceiling and 8 of them are done wrong.

Wrong number placement (way, way too low on the back), wrong fonts, wrong color lettering for the name. They even have a pair of Mighty Ducks jerseys that don't even match each ptehr!

It's a total mess if you know your stuff. And this is supposed to be some sort of public portfolio of their work! I wouldn't let them touch one of my jerseys with a ten foot pole.

Also, one other gripe about NHL.com's customizing, is that they use twill nameplates instead of jersey material.