Whoa...mid-air tragedy in Phoenix live on TV

ZoomZoom18

Just saw this one the news here in Beverly Hills (in town for the weekend).

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/072...crash27-ON.html

Terrible tragedy, my mother-in-law told my wife about it and we saw it a few minutes later on the news. Sounds like they were all pretty tight from what I've heard. My thoughts and prayers go out to their families.

I woke up at 2pm, fixed some Frosted Flakes and checked the internet, my normal routine. On msn.com, there was a headline about two news copters colliding. I clicked the link and was stunned, it was just 10 miles away from me!

The whole broadcast community is pretty close. What happened today is horrible. It's miraculous that nobody was in that section of the park at the time, it was lunch hour. This whole city is in a state of shock and grief. :(

While my condolences do go the families of the people invovled. This brings up an issue about having news choppers following a police chase. The police have enough on their hands already being in chase of someone, they shouldn't have to worry about other things like this. News choppers do have their place in the news world, but in the case of police chases they shouldn't be used to try and get video, even though that is what many people want to see. Police choppers are possibly being used to aid in the chase and news choppers just sometimes get in the way.

While my condolences do go the families of the people invovled. This brings up an issue about having news choppers following a police chase. The police have enough on their hands already being in chase of someone, they shouldn't have to worry about other things like this. News choppers do have their place in the news world, but in the case of police chases they shouldn't be used to try and get video, even though that is what many people want to see. Police choppers are possibly being used to aid in the chase and news choppers just sometimes get in the way.

You bring up a good point, but couldn't the news choppers help the police in a way by keeping an eye on the situation from the air until the police choppers come into play? Its a real dangerous situation, because that air space has way too many flying things in it to try to avoid something like this happening.

I think I've seen the channel 3 guys in the air on TV and I hardly EVER watch the news.