Confirming an ASG uniform number

mfitz804

During the 2000 All-Star game, Scott Stevens wore #3 rather than his usual #4, allowing Rob Blake to wear the #4 instead. I have seen a YouTube video where they announce Scott as being #3.

However, I can't find a single picture of him from that game in a #3 jersey. In fact, the YouTube video only shows him from the chest up, and as such, no number is visible.

So my questions are 1) Is the video enough of a confirmation, or 2) should I continue trying to find an actual picture of it, or it didn't happen.

Can't insert the picture on mobile, but I think this might be what you're looking for

http://members.shaw.ca/theofleury/

Can't insert the picture on mobile, but I think this might be what you're looking for

http://members.shaw.ca/theofleury/

The picture in that link shows him wearing #4 but that is the 2001 All-Star game, you can tell by both the patch on the front of the jersey and the CCM patch at the back of the jersey is at the top (where we see "Reebok" today) instead of at the bottom hem.

If you watch this YouTube video of the 2000 All Star Game Introductions, you'll hear them announce Scott Stevens as #3 at around the 3:30 mark.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't read carefully, I'll try to look for a picture confirmation for you right now though.

Edited by foppa21

The picture in that link shows him wearing #4 but that is the 2001 All-Star game, you can tell by both the patch on the front of the jersey and the CCM patch at the back of the jersey is at the top (where we see "Reebok" today) instead of at the bottom hem.

If you watch this YouTube video of the 2000 All Star Game Introductions, you'll hear them announce Scott Stevens as #3 at around the 3:30 mark.

10-4. Hard to zoom on my phone. Distorts everything.

Not the greatest quality, but was combing through some game tape and found definitive proof he wore #3 during that game.

Here is his front, you can make out his face and number and devils patch in the video, a bit harder through this screen shot though.

Uy5mM55.png

And then as the camera pans, he turns to his left showing his back name/number.

9hKb8NY.png