Difference between CCM jerseys?

Hello everyone! Recently just purchased my Anaheim Ducks jersey from IceJerseys, but I'm a bit confused and wanted to see if anybody could help me out. So, Anaheim recently had a throwback night and were selling the original jerseys. The 1993-1994 Jerseys to be exact. Inside, the tag reads "CCM Team Classics"

81_jj_Zp_DT6_L_SL1500.jpg

This was the picture Ice Jerseys had listed so i assumed when I ordered I was going to get it. What I received though was the 1996 away jersey (Which isn't a big deal to me. Comes with shoulder patches), but inside, the tag reads "CCM vintage hockey."

.securedownload.jpg

So, I'm wondering what exactly the differences are here? If there is one.

Also, the jersey I received has a crease in the right shoulder patch. Not sure if there is a way to fix it (maybe press it again?), but if anybody knows a way to and can help I would be much obliged!

securedownload.jpg

Assuming you were shooting for a replica, you got the better of the two shirts. That "team classic" replica is Reebok-made in Indonesia. The shirt you got was made by CCM in Quebec. Your shirt is more accurate to the original than the shirt in the stock image. Though, I do see what you mean about the patches. If it's enough of an issue that you don't like it, I'm sure the guys that run IJ will help you out.

The original authentic shirt would have had the Center Ice/Mise Au Jeu tag inside:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/RNQAAOxydlFS4Taq/$_57.JPG

Or just the CCM/Sport Maska tag:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/BYgAAMXQlgtS4Taw/$_57.JPG

Images taken from this listing on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mighty-Ducks-Anaheim-NHL-Jersey-1993-CCM-Center-Ice-Fight-Strap-New-w-o-Tags-44-/390754051354?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5afac1a51a

As for the crease in the patch, you might be out of luck. Sometimes, it's just how the shirts come. You could try to press it with a warm iron, but it can be risky at high enough heat (high enough to melt/warp the polyester)

The "Team Classics" version is the newer of the 2 series of vintage CCM replicas. The front of the collar on the Team Classics version appears a bit more pointy than the one on the original CCM gamers of the 90's. Other than that it's pretty similar to the Vintage Hockey version. Overall I would prefer the Vintage Hockey version were it not for the shoulder patches- by putting the patches on, CCM has created a somewhat anachronistic jersey. When the Ducks started using the patches in 1996-97, they were using Nike on-ice jerseys at the time. If I were trying to customize a patched jersey as a 1996-99, it would bother me somewhat that the jersey was a CCM and not a Nike. Since it's a replica and not an authentic, a lot of people probably wouldn't care about this inaccuracy, but it would bother me quite a bit. And if you want to customize the VH version as a 1993-96 CCM, then you unfortunately have shoulder patches that shouldn't be there.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm joining this a little late but the question pertains to this.

Would a 90's jersey have a Center Ice/Mise Au Jeu tag but also a CCM/Sport Maska tag? Or is one or the other?

Thanks.

As far as I know, for retail jerseys in the very late 80's, there was no Center Ice/Mise au Jeu tag, just a Maska tag with the size written in pen on it. Right around 1990 or so, the Center Ice tag started to appear above the Maska tag. In 1991, a separate small square size tag appeared next to the Maska tag with the Center Ice tag still above both, so now there were 3 tags in the neck. This was pretty much unchanged throughout the mid-to-later 90's, except that around 1993 the Maska tag started to be replaced by a CCM tag. In the late 90's a new, large multicolored CCM label was added, along with the Center Ice tag, small size tag, and another Made in Canada tag, so some of the late 90's retail jerseys had 4 tags in the neck.

As far as I know, for retail jerseys in the very late 80's, there was no Center Ice/Mise au Jeu tag, just a Maska tag with the size written in pen on it. Right around 1990 or so, the Center Ice tag started to appear above the Maska tag. In 1991, a separate small square size tag appeared next to the Maska tag with the Center Ice tag still above both, so now there were 3 tags in the neck. This was pretty much unchanged throughout the mid-to-later 90's, except that around 1993 the Maska tag started to be replaced by a CCM tag. In the late 90's a new, large multicolored CCM label was added, along with the Center Ice tag, small size tag, and another Made in Canada tag, so some of the late 90's retail jerseys had 4 tags in the neck.

First off...thank you for this detailed info.

Secondly...god so many changes. LoL. I feel like learning about the history of the Roman Republic was easier than this.