The role of replicas in your collection

Of Senators and Kings

Most of my collection are authentics. I don't buy many jerseys, as I mainly collect Red Wings, and some other random jerseys like All Star games. I do have 2 Wings replicas that I wear out to games and to the bar. These I spent no more than $20 a piece on, and I don't care if they get beer spilled on them or random hot wing sauce stains. The only time I wear my authentic jersey is at home or at a relatives house where I know I can keep it nice. My replicas are the CCM 550 variety, which still look pretty darn nice. I wouldn't even bother with the current Reebok Premier jerseys, I'd rather spend the money on a team hoodie than one of those pieces of junk.

I will say, the specialty Reebok jerseys that get the old school 550 treatment aren't half bad. It's just the material of the normal premiers that is awful. The weirdest thing I noticed about the premiers when I had a few was the "fabric" difference in certain areas of the jersey... only come to find out that it's not really a different fabric, they just turned the fabric inside out to make it look like a change of texture/fabric.

And since we are on the subject of replicas... *excuse my caps lock key for being magically broken for a minute*....

WHY CANT REEBOK MAKE THE PRO EDGE HOCKEY SOCKS FOR RETAIL SALE?!?!?! :fight:

My first pair of the "average joe" socks looked like swiss cheese after a few months! Thankfully I got a sewing machine for xmas this year. I've officially become my teams equipment manager!

My only replicas were purchased back in the 90's. CCM 550's and Starter. Back when replicas were cheap and good quality. Reebok Premieres are neither. Now I buy nothing but gamers, but even those are lacking. Why does Reebok make the sleeves half a foot longer than the average human needs? Bring back the old CCMs, with the logo and NHL shield on the rear hem where it belongs and I'll be happy.

Only authentics. Got replicas of the NYR Heritage and WC b/c at the the time I didn't think authentics were available. (I was kinda right). Since swapped them out- all authentics all the time baby!

I wore replicas until I realized that you could get authentics. I despise the Reebok Premier ones so now, I just wait until I find the size and color of the jersey I want. I'd like to buy a Team Canada authentic, but the price point scares me off enough to consider just getting a replica depending on how they fit

The Pro Player replicas were probably the best ever made: Double elbows and shoulders, heavy knit, sewn down crests and patches. They were a world away from the current premiers in terms of quality.