Where should I get my jerseys lettered/numbered?

joe092690

Hey guys, I've recently started a collection of Premiers (I know some of you hate the Premiers but it's what I decided on, so hear me out) starting in the Reebok era (07-08 to present). My collection so far consists of mostly Sabres jerseys, as they are my hometown team but I'm looking to expand to get at least one jersey for each NHL team. Anyway, I'm having trouble deciding how to go about getting my jerseys lettered/numbered accurately. I want them to be 100% accurate, down to vector vs. wordmark. Anyway, I have a few options. For one, I can order off of Icejerseys and have it customized by them. However, I'd be looking at a long waiting time and more expensive prices. My second option is going through a local sports memorobilia store called Dave & Adam's Card World. I trust this store. I've been going there for years and they bring in athletes all the time for autograph signings with Upper Deck, Panini, etc. and have used the same company the Sabres used to do all their jerseys, so I know I'm getting a good product as far as the Buffalo jerseys go. However, they recently came out with an offer to send out any team's blank jersey and for a $50 charge get it customized. It takes about a month and they send to a company who customizes to all NHL specifications. To me, it seems going through this store might be less of a wait and actually cheaper.

I guess my question is, where should I choose to go through to get my jerseys lettered? Is there a right and wrong place? Do some places specialize in certain team lettering (is sportsk ideal for Red Wings jerseys because they're located in Detroit?) that I should send certain teams to rather than go through Icejerseys or another place? I guess I'm wondering where I can get the most accurate lettering according to each team. Or maybe the places I've mentioned all do it the same and equally well and I should just go to the most cost-effective place?

For instance, on my wishlist is a Chris Pronger 07-08 Ducks jersey. Is there a place that specializes in Ducks lettering that I should use? Should I let Icejerseys do the whole project? Or should I buy a blank on eBay or Icejerseys and send it out of my local store and have them letter it for the $50 and have it done within a month?

Who do you guys trust to do your lettering the most accurately and do you go to different places for certain teams to get the best possible job according to team? If you couldn't tell already, I'm a bit OCD with my jerseys and want the most accurate and best possible job done. Thanks for any help!

If you're going to get jerseys from every team in the league there's no easy way to go about customizing all of them if you want all of them to be accurate. If you send them all to the same place for the sake of convenience or cost, I will guarantee that quite a few of them will come out noticeably inaccurate. As you hinted in your last paragraph, there are indeed certain customizers we tend to go to for each particular team, and they are usually the official team customizers. See AngeloS76's "Team Lettering Sources" post here:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2303&p=108840

If you use ice jerseys it probably will not be 100% accurate, I have one hawks jersey that ice jerseys did up for me and the numbers are slightly off and the font for the name isn't right either. So for me Triple Threat Sports does my hawks jerseys flawlessly and for a cheaper price. So if I were you i'd look into the team customizer for whatever jersey you want to get done, just my two cents.

You could call them to find out. But I would imagine so.