Size range of authentic jerseys from mid 90's to mid 00's question

likeaboss2

I am trying to figure out how small authentic jerseys ranged from the ccm ultra-fill days to the reebok 6100 days before the edge era. I appreciate your guys' input.

CCM 90's Ultra-fill, I've seen them run as small as 44.

Starter late 90's- I think 46 was the smallest

Proplayer - Did they make a size smaller than 48?

CCM 2000-2004 Did they make a size smaller than 48?

Reebok pre edge 2005-2007 - I think 46 was the smallest.

The reason why I ask is because I have a 2003 ccm 48 and it's pretty big on me and I don't like to wear it. However, ultrafill ccm 48's fit me perfect.

I am looking for a Devils Proplayer jersey but I haven't seen any proplayer jerseys smaller than 48, and people say proplayer jerseys run pretty large. If 48 is the smallest size, and they run large, I likely will stop looking to scoop one up.

CCM/Koho (00-04) also were made in a 46. I've never seem a proplayer made smaller than a 48.

I have seen a few CCM/Kohos (2000-04) in a 44. Also a few 1990's CCM's as small as 36, although these were mesh (Rangers), not ultrafil.

On the topic of 90s jersey sizes, just so I do not clutter up the section with a new thread.

If I wear a 50 in Edge 1.0, what size Starter jersey would be best? I'm thinking 46, but I have no idea.

How big did Starter's sizes fit? Are they fairly form fitting jerseys, or really baggy? The reason I ask is because it seems like 52 is the most common size, so if I was unable to eventually find what I wanted in a smaller size, I might settle for a slightly baggy version.

Starters are more baggy and really baggy when it's the mesh.

If I wear a 50 in Edge 1.0, what size Starter jersey would be best? I'm thinking 46, but I have no idea.

How big did Starter's sizes fit? Are they fairly form fitting jerseys, or really baggy?

You want a 46 in the Starter. In my experience, Starters fit very similarly to CCM's of the 1990's. The only difference is that Starters varied more in size than CCM's did. Some Starters of a given size (especially the mesh ones) were larger than others marked with the same size. But as far as overall fit (shape), they were very similar to the CCM's.

Thanks for the replies guys.

@brandon that 38 is nuts. I don't see why they would make authentics that small.

@hockeyjerseyssuck for what it's worth an edge 1.0 size 50 is a little too big on me while an edge 1.0 size 46 is perfect, if anything it's a little tight. A starter size 48 is big but I could get away with it. The starter 46 is good, although the starters definitely feel on the baggier side like OR 68 said.

I feel like the difference between a starter size 46 and size 48 isn't much. Here's a pic I took of a 46 laid on top of a 48:

1LDPfBll.jpg

The smallest Starter (mesh) I've seen is a 46 and it's like 1-2 inches longer than a comparable CCM. Those mofo's be long.

If you happen to be comparing a Starter white Rangers, that one is the longest I've seen but IMO is not typical of most Starters. I still think most Starters are pretty comparable to CCM's. Here are a couple of photos of some of mine (I have at least a dozen Starter authentics).

Starter 46 Whalers over CCM 46 Penguins over a Starter 46 Rangers:

image_zps4518efd0.jpg

Starter 46 Blues over same Penguins and Rangers:

image_zps069b9d16.jpg