There goes the one bit of NJ hockey love I had...

The Trenton Titans, my beloved minor league team and the only New Jersey hockey franchise I'd ever spend a dime on, are no more. They're now the Trenton Devils.

Boy...this blows. I've followed this team for the last 5 years when they were under the Flyers umbrella. Now I want nothing to do with the organization. At least I still have my Titans 3rd jersey.

The only thing I remember about the Titans are they were the team that many players for the Indianapolis Ice went to after the Ice headed to the CHL. Vince Williams, Cail MacLean, Mike Hall, and I think Bruce Cassidy coached there for awhile. Its too bad they ditched the Titans name, their jerseys and logo were pretty sharp.

Yeah that's right. Williams was actually their captain for a couple years too. He would've been the captain in '05 when they won the Kelly Cup but he was hurt.

The team and the city had a really good connection with each other. The Titans always seemed to go fairly deep into the playoffs when they'd make it in and the building was almost always full. But when the Devils took over last year, attendance really took a hit. This year, they've only averaged about 3,000+ when a few years ago, they were averaging around 5,500. Now, it wouldn't surprise me if the franchise was gone in a few more years. What a shame.

I have always wanted to go a Titans game as there is a major lack of minor/college games. How is the arena/the area?

The area's a little bit ghetto but the few blocks around the arena aren't too bad. It's the renovated section of Trenton. The arena itself is beautiful. It seats about 7,500 and every seat is great because the ice is sooo close. During the 2005 Kelly Cup run, the place was electric. I went to every home game except for three and it was packed every time. It was a great time going to a game out there.