Yashin Not To Be Bought Out

As reported on that great AOL Fanhouse site:

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/17/ig...m-backs-yashin/

If ever there was a contract to be bought out, its this one (and perhaps that backup goalie in Colorado earning 5.5 mill).

It's way too much money for them to buy him out. That'd mean they'd be eating over 2 million a year for the next EIGHT years. Snow's making the right move.

Dude, you aint kidding! I was thinking before what if DiPietro was really messed up after his concussion and the Isles had to buy him out? They would have him on the books for the next 28 YEARS!! It's mind-boggling to even think about.

Heh...I have a buddy who has a history of buying jerseys of players who get traded soon thereafter. He's a die-hard Islanders fan too. He bought a hunting vest Peca jersey back in 2003. Lo and behold, the next year, he signs with Edmonton! I always laugh when he breaks it out because he wears it with such conviction!

Dude, you aint kidding! I was thinking before what if DiPietro was really messed up after his concussion and the Isles had to buy him out? They would have him on the books for the next 28 YEARS!! It's mind-boggling to even think about.

And that wasn't even Mad Mike Milbury that signed DiPietro to that contract!

What were you smoking when you bought that jersey? :blink:

I was sort of a fan of his when he played for Las Vegas in the IHL. When he went to the Islanders, I figured that putting Yashin 79 on the jersey would be a good choice and he signed long-term. Who knew he would be such a dog after putting up three straight solid seasons together in Ottawa? At the time (2002), it wasn't a bad idea and I thought the number looked cool on there.s The thing I hate about putting players name on jerseys is that half the time, the player gets traded or signs elsewhere or doesn't perform as well as everyone hopes. When you build a collection, you find that out quickly enough or you just buy past players and don't worry about it.

I was sort of a fan of his when he played for Las Vegas in the IHL. When he went to the Islanders, I figured that putting Yashin 79 on the jersey would be a good choice and he signed long-term. Who knew he would be such a dog after putting up three straight solid seasons together in Ottawa? At the time (2002), it wasn't a bad idea and I thought the number looked cool on there.s The thing I hate about putting players name on jerseys is that half the time, the player gets traded or signs elsewhere or doesn't perform as well as everyone hopes. When you build a collection, you find that out quickly enough or you just buy past players and don't worry about it.

Which was why I went for a Hextall. :thumbsup: