ECHL Playoffs

I was noticing the schedule breakdown of the ECHL playoffs and noticed that Idaho is up 2-1 in their Conference final against Alaska. Due to me being home in a short while, I am thinking I will be at a few Kelly Cup Finals games if they get past Alaska. Talk about great timing.

I was noticing the schedule breakdown of the ECHL playoffs and noticed that Idaho is up 2-1 in their Conference final against Alaska. Due to me being home in a short while, I am thinking I will be at a few Kelly Cup Finals games if they get past Alaska. Talk about great timing.

Nice! Here's hoping you are able to go!

Idaho up on Alaska 3-1

Dayton and Florida tied at 2 games a piece in their respective Conference Finals.

Could we see a rematch of the Kelly Cup Finals of just a few years ago when Idaho beat Florida 4-1 in the series in their first year in the ECHL?

Kelly Cup Finals begin on the 23rd between the Idaho Steelheads and the Dayton Bombers. Got my tickets to Game 1 and look forward to seeing some Finals action hockey.

Just got home from Game 1 of the Kelly Cup Finals. Unfortunately Dayton won 2-1. Idaho had two very sloppy turnovers which resulted in both Dayton goals. The game otherwise was a very hard fought defensive effort. 15 minutes into the first period the shots were only 5-1 in favor of Dayton.

Game 2 is Friday night.

That's a big jump from Dayton to Idaho. I noticed in your favorite players list you have Marty Flichel. I remember watching him with the Michigan K-Wings in the IHL in the late 90s. What type of player is he?

Flichel is an all-around offensive player. He is typically near the top of the league in scoring. He tied for 3rd in the league with 39 Goals this season and he tied for 11th in the league in assists. More of a sniper than playmaker though.

Flichel is an all-around offensive player. He is typically near the top of the league in scoring. He tied for 3rd in the league with 39 Goals this season and he tied for 11th in the league in assists. More of a sniper than playmaker though.

I remember that name and Petr Buzek, who seemed like he fell off the face of the earth after getting traded to Calgary. I don't recall how long he was with Michigan, I think he was still there when a friend of mine who was working at the Ice's old arena was getting ready to go onto the ice after a game between the K-Wings and the Ice and had to move really quickly when both teams got into a postgame brawl. I was curious, I remembered the name, but didn't know much about him other than he was in the Stars system for awhile.

Idaho wins Game 4 2-1 with a Game Winning goal 14:20 into the 2nd OT.

Idaho up 3-1 in the series.

It's over, the Idaho Steelheads (Dallas Stars Affiliate) beat the Dayton Bombers (Columbus Blue Jackets Affiliate) 4-1 to win game 5 and the series 4-1.

Idaho is the 2007 Kelly Cup Champs. 2nd ECHL Championship in 4 years.

Though part of me wanted Dayton to win Game 5 to bring the series back to Idaho so I could see them win the title at home again, but this is acceptable as well.

KellyCupChamps.jpg

It's over, the Idaho Steelheads (Dallas Stars Affiliate) beat the Dayton Bombers (Columbus Blue Jackets Affiliate) 4-1 to win game 5 and the series 4-1.

Idaho is the 2007 Kelly Cup Champs. 2nd ECHL Championship in 4 years.

Though part of me wanted Dayton to win Game 5 to bring the series back to Idaho so I could see them win the title at home again, but this is acceptable as well.

KellyCupChamps.jpg

AWESOME! Good to hear they pulled it out. I noticed it when I was surfing wikipedia.com at work. Congrats!