New Favorite Player...

Mach_9

I'm not sure if any of you have seen this before, but the first clip of this video has just made Derek Roy (who was one of my favorite three or four current players in the NHL) my favorite player, hands down...

I'm not sure if any of you have seen this before, but the first clip of this video has just made Derek Roy (who was one of my favorite three or four current players in the NHL) my favorite player, hands down...

That little move to control the puck when he went down was quite impressive. Was a nice video package as a whole too.

That little move to control the puck when he went down was quite impressive. Was a nice video package as a whole too.

Yeah not a bad highlight reel. Derek Roy's highlights aren't really anything compared to Havlat and Ovechkin reels (there are some great ones floating around on youtube) but I've always loved the way he's played for us and this year he's been off to a really great start, centering Vanek and Afinogenov. I just saw that clip, however, for the first time today, and the way he controls the puck while he's down and manages to get back up and stick with it, instead of passing it while down like most players do was really impressive. Coupled with all of the hard work he's always shown for the Sabres it really won me over. He and Pominville had been my favorite Sabres since they'd each broken the main lineup. I like to follow young players and see how they progress.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...