NHL.com customization

DucksNPucks

Ok, first off sorry if this has been brought up before, but has anyone customized any kind of jersey from the NHL.com online store?

The reason I ask is I received a Selanne jersey in the mail today and it looked good, but I could tell the "8" numbers and "A" were not the same as the ones I have had done at the team store at the Honda Center. I am thinking because the customization was cheaper online then the Ducks Team Store, that the team store must be correct.

If anyone knows for sure, then please let me know thanks!

My 1st jersey, a 3rd Selanne was horribly done by nhl.com customization. You should have sent it to hockey monkey or EPS. The font size and customization style were not accurate. The 8 on the side was poorly customized because it was bubbly and not placed correctly. I had to get it stripped and redone from EPS. I will never again use NHL.com for customization and suggest that no one else do it as well.

Sounds right to me. I have used the Team Store for all my other jerseys and never had a problem.

NHL.com and the team stores use garbage.

what you need to do is find out who does the cresting for your local team's pro jerseys, or, who handles their trades/call-ups/emergency jerseys. That is how you get the good stuff.

NHL.com and the team stores do not even use the proper size letters on the names.

Like orangeblitz47 said, send newer Ducks jerseys (Edges) to Monkey Sports- they do the on-ice jerseys for the team, and this is your assurance you'll get a spot-on job.

NHL.com sucks.

Thanks, there is a Monkey Sports in Irvine!!

LAK74 is right, Monkey does the on ice stuff. Call monkey first if you go with them. I think they have an office in Santa Ana too. I don't remember where you send the jerseys to.

You can take the jerseys to Monkey Sports in Santa Ana or Irvine as they send them to their warehouse for the customization to be done. Be warned though, if you didn't buy the jersey through them, they will charge $100.

Ok. They charge $130 for a jersey at their store and with customization it would be $200. I have another store I have gotten replica jerseys for $100 at. If I take that jersey and pay $100 for customization then it would be $200 as well. To keep it simple I should just get the jersey and have it customized there. I am going to check it out tomorrow.

Thanks for the info everyone!

You can take the jerseys to Monkey Sports in Santa Ana or Irvine as they send them to their warehouse for the customization to be done. Be warned though, if you didn't buy the jersey through them, they will charge $100.

Hey Moosey,

I just went to the Irvine Monkey Sports and brought a jersey in and they still only charged $60 for customization!

• 2 weeks later...

Like orangeblitz47 said, send newer Ducks jerseys (Edges) to Monkey Sports- they do the on-ice jerseys for the team, and this is your assurance you'll get a spot-on job.

NHL.com sucks.

I got my jersey back from Monkey Sports and compared it to the Ducks store. The gold color was right on and much better looking than the Team store. Also the white lettering didn't have any stitching showing, which is correct for the on ice jerseys.

Thanks for the input. I dropped off two more jerseys today.

Glad it worked out for you!

NHL.com uses smaller numbers on the back on the Flyers. Better options...

Search Flyers Fonts there is a real good thread on it and a good member did a lot of work

I like Colhockey.com. I've ordered several jerseys from them over the past couple of years.

The font doesn't always match perfectly. However, I gave Phily Express a chance a couple years back - they did a terrible job. The back numbers were not sewn flat.It looks bad.

Now, I also have a couple of SImmonds jerseys I have bought at the Flyers stadium - sewn by them (at Philly Express). No issues. I inspected it before buying (they were not the iron-on ones done in the store there (while you wait). However, after that experience, I don't worry so much about the exact font.

Search for the thread its all there John did a bang up job for the flyers each year is listed and were to get the jerseys done

• 2 weeks later...

I found out at Monkey Sports they will also strip a jersey and put new letters/numbers on it for $59.99 as well. Also if you take multiple jerseys to them they will give you a discount!