Predators Home Authentic Jersey help

Cashville

So I've been trying to buy a Predators Home Authentic jersey since ~February of last year. NHL and IceJerseys did not even have a selection option for it at the time. I have been checking back every month or so, and neither still has an option for it. I finally called the Preds pro shop in Nashville, and they do indeed have authentic home jerseys, but it's $300 for the base jersey + $90 for the legit stitched on name plate + shipping + 4-6 weeks. Despite being ~$60 more than NHL.com all-in, I am still fine with going through with it, but has anyone seen an authentic home jersey at any other large online hockey / sports retailer? It's weird that it is so difficult to find.

Lastly, this is my first authentic (I have two Premiers at home). I've looked at various size charts, but I don't have a measuring tape and would just appreciate some size advice. I'm 5'8" 185 lbs, buff-ish with broad shoulders. I was thinking about going for a 52, but was wondering what others thought. I may just got to a local hockey store and try on some random Edge authentic jerseys to get a feel for the sizing as I'd hate to drop close to $400 on a poor fitting jersey.

Hopefully this post is not too inane, I did search the forums about the Preds situation before posting.

You came to the right place, go to this thread - http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=4986

This guy has them for sale, they are team issued Edge 2.0 jerseys. I have bought a few and had them customized. This is better than what they sell at the pro shop. Check the link in my signature below.

www.meigray.com

http://www.meigray.c...ldParentID=4213

Here you can get Predators game issued AND game worn for reasonable prices. There's 18 pages of jerseys to look at. I already see some for as low as $225... some may be lower. Meigray also has a summer sale going on for the next 2 or so weeks. some of them you can get 50% off!

I highly recommend Meigray. Problem is, these are actual player jerseys so the sizes are quite big. But by the sound of it, a size 56 would fit you just fine. Probably a size 58 as well. You can find lots of those. They might be a bit big, but it should still work.

I've already bought an Ales Hemsky that was nearly $700 regular priced, but with 50% off that's only $350. Awesome price for a legit game worn by that player.

I've looked at Meigray; the issue is that you either go with an old jersey style or settle for a relative scrub of a player in the current style if you want to pay under $700. The Ellis home 2011 jersey is $2,500. Not complaining, but it's just not a good fit for what I want.

I PMed your contact Brandon and appreciate the info; according to that thread you linked, it appears he does not have any 54 or 56's, but we'll see. Do you mind explaining how his jerseys are better than the pro shop's? My technical jersey knowledge is relatively mediocre outside of a working understanding of the Indo-edge situation.

as a heads up, those 2.0's seem to be even more form fitting and feel smaller. I have a Maple Leaf 1.0 56 that is the perfect fit, but need a 58 in 2.0. it would be worth your while to do an exact measurement of chest and whatnot so you can get exactly the right size and not drop a ton of money on something in the wrong size.

If you haven't already, try Stitchesnj.com. It's $230 if they have it in stock. These are the authentics that Reebok sells to the public, but they are not constructed the same as the ones the players wear. If you do manage to get the jersey there, I would recommend that you get it customized somewhere else, but that's another story.

as a heads up, those 2.0's seem to be even more form fitting and feel smaller. I have a Maple Leaf 1.0 56 that is the perfect fit, but need a 58 in 2.0. it would be worth your while to do an exact measurement of chest and whatnot so you can get exactly the right size and not drop a ton of money on something in the wrong size.

The sizing chart doesn't seem to be very helpful to me. So I took a piece of string and measured around my chest under the pits (40 inches) and across my chest pit-to-pit (~19 inches to middle of armpit, kind of a subjective measurement). With those numbers, I still have no idea when I look at the size chart here:

http://www.icejersey...zing_chart.html

The 54 has pit-to-pit measurement of 24 inches; that seems like enough extra room to me (5 inches). I've been talking to Brandon's contact about a 54 away blank, but xtremeninja's post has me worried it might be too small. Can you give me your dimensions Ninja? Also, why does the chart not have a 58? I see plenty of people buying 58s, and I am considering a 58.

Sorry this is probably annoying; I have spent half the morning searching this forum and others to figure it out. I have two pretty huge Preds jerseys already; I'd like this one to be more trim as I love wearing hockey jerseys pretty much as often as possible (comfortable, not too hot but keep you warm, look sweet, etc.) . I'm tempted to go down to the Verizon Center pro shop just to try on jerseys haha.

Unforunately going down to the VC won't help all that much, as they dont have the same jerseys youll buy. Im pretty positve you would be A ok with a 54. Im 6' 2" 200 and they fit fine.

Here is a post I made the other day showing the size difference from 54, 56 & 58. You will see it is very minimal.

Ok, so I dont have a 52, but this well help you see how there is like no difference in these things. These 3 all have the same cut pattern so its a good example.

On top is a 54 (white), with a 56 underneath (blue) with a 58 under that (gold).

2lo2lx1.jpg

The length is basically identical, the width is only about 2 inches between 54-58 and the sleeves the same, about 2 inches. The sleeve difference from a 52 to 54 would probably be about 3/4" max, probably only 1/2.

Heres a close up of the sleeves-

2rwb0xk.jpg