Is there any more info on this jersey anywhere?

oxbo1690

This jersey is the ugliest thing in existence and I would love to see if there is any other info about this shirt out there. More for history's sake.

bluesthird95.jpg

I have wrote about this jersey in the past, there is at least one around in the hobby which was sold online in 2000. A good question is where are the rest?

I know that Keenan hated them so much he refused to let the team wear them. I have never seen one so if you can find it probably worth a ton of money.

did he hate them when they were made and sitting in the player stals ?

or was he shown the design beforehand and told the blues to go F themselves?

I think when he was shown the prototype. I have never seen one customized.

God I would love to see that prototype. It would go for a fortune. Like BK jersey x10

Word has it that the only one left is hanging in the NHL main office in Manhattan as a reminder of what line should never ever be crossed.

Just to be clear, that's only a rumor I've heard. I have no idea if it's true or not as I, nor anyone I know, has ever been within the corporate offices of the NHL. It is a pretty cool story though if true.

It's a shame I can't poke out my mind's eye. I'll be stuck with a garish image until I die.

I have wrote about this jersey in the past, there is at least one around in the hobby which was sold online in 2000. A good question is where are the rest?

Any links to your writing or other information on it

Here's what I wrote about it on my blog.

Bonus jersey: You just knew no review of Curious, Weird and Ugly™ jerseys would not be complete without a mention of the proposed St. Louis Blues unused Alternate jerseys, which were supposed to join the initial five alternates which debuted in the 1995-96 season.

A step beyond anything seen before, these jerseys, which would have been considered loud and garish in a roller hockey league, were approved by both the NHL and the Blues, and scheduled to debut in Gretzky's first game in St. Louis (which would have seen Gretzky wear two of the worst jerseys of all time in the same season), were rejected by then Blues coach Mike Keenan. While I am no fan of Keenan's, one has to give him credit for taking a stand against these monstrosities before they were allowed on the ice. Apparently one example of this jersey exists and we recall reading that it was, at one time, hanging in either the Blues or the NHL offices as a reminder of what not to do ever again. Perhaps someone has a link to this story or a better memory of it and can forward it to me.

This is the one and only photo of this jersey on the internet. We'd like to have the opportunity to see if the back was supposed to be a copy of the front, or if it were perhaps simplified to accommodate the player's name and number. We also would have loved to have seen the proposed fonts for the names and numbers to have been used on this jersey and can only imagine the possible horrors the designers had in mind.

I hope sungod can find info on the article about the story of the jersey being sold in 2000. I'm curious if someone has this jersey in their closet somewhere. If it is out in the wild, it could be as rare as an authentic Hamilton Tigers jersey.