Flames Heritage Classic fabric question.

Antz_Marchin

Hey guys, just a quick question. I was in Calgary a couple weeks back and saw a Heritage Classic jersey that I had been looking for on sale at a shop there. I didn't buy it because the material felt considerably lighter and rougher than any of the authentics that I have. I was worried about it being a fake (as I have actually seen in some small independent shops but this is a reputable chain) and it made me think after that maybe that is what the 2.0s are like as I only have 1.0s and have never seen the new version. Is that the case? They do feel considerably cheaper than the 1.0s in hindsit which I was surprised by if indeed this is an authentic.

Thanks

Sale? what price is the sale price @ that place?

I could always sell you a real 2.0 and you can compare for yourself with whatever you would like! :thumbsup:

Shameless. I know..

The air knit material is going to feel rough to the touch when compared the plastic-like synthetic material used on the 1.0s and the back of the 2.0s. And youre spot on, it's going to be significantly lighter (a huge plus for on-ice). Unlike the synthetic-touch material, the air knit absorbs water better. This is also a plus because a lot water and sweat that accumulated on 1.0s would dribble off the jersey and into equipment, ie. gloves. This is what I've gathered. Others will correct me if I'm wrong. You're probably just used to that super synthetic feel.

Sale? what price is the sale price @ that place?

I could always sell you a real 2.0 and you can compare for yourself with whatever you would like! :thumbsup:

Shameless. I know..

If you have a 50 I'd be interested...

The air knit material is going to feel rough to the touch when compared the plastic-like synthetic material used on the 1.0s and the back of the 2.0s. And youre spot on, it's going to be significantly lighter (a huge plus for on-ice). Unlike the synthetic-touch material, the air knit absorbs water better. This is also a plus because a lot water and sweat that accumulated on 1.0s would dribble off the jersey and into equipment, ie. gloves. This is what I've gathered. Others will correct me if I'm wrong. You're probably just used to that super synthetic feel.

Hey, thanks. Yeah you're right on the money, I am used to that "shiny" synthetic feel which I like to wear (warmer in winter or at a game) but also as you said, really do soak up the water (I wear a 1.0 practice jersey to pickup and it can tend to accumulate moisture and get heavy). Ok, just wanted to ask...... I knew about the 2.0s but with the huge difference in feel it didn't even occur to me til I got back home.

Thanks for the info guys.

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know where to get a kit for them at? I haven't had any luck finding a HC kit.

Don't know for sure, but have you tried EPS or SportsK?

Don't forget the EDGE plate though. It's all felt EXCEPT for the nameplate. It doesn't seem like an easy color to match up too either.

That was the problem when I asked Josh at EPS... He wasn't 100% sure if he could match the color

If you can deal with an Air Knit plate Triple Threat sports can match the color perfectly. I'd much rather have the wrong plate material that's the right color than the other way around.

EPS did mine, I love it. Double layer felt, edge nameplate. What more could you ask for?! Its actually one of my favorite jerseys to just wear around.

kipper-hc-b.jpg

I got mine done at the Fan Attic. They send it to the same customizer who did the Flames jerseys for that game. It looks absolutely perfect, and I think it is worth the money.