Question about NFL authentics

ZoomZoom18

I was browsing the base exchange yesterday and came across a stand where a guy was selling a Peyton Manning white Reebok authentic jersey for $85! I was thrilled needless to say, but since I'm a little tight in the wallet right now, I can't get it. I was surprised to see it that low, since those normally retail for twice that. Think it sounds like a good deal or something to be a little leery of? I checked it out and it looks real, has all the authentic details. Just curious what some of you all might think.

I was browsing the base exchange yesterday and came across a stand where a guy was selling a Peyton Manning white Reebok authentic jersey for $85! I was thrilled needless to say, but since I'm a little tight in the wallet right now, I can't get it. I was surprised to see it that low, since those normally retail for twice that. Think it sounds like a good deal or something to be a little leery of? I checked it out and it looks real, has all the authentic details. Just curious what some of you all might think.

That definitely sounds like too good of a deal to be true. My personal guess would be either it is the new style Replithentics or a fake. I would tend to guess fake more than likely but that is based only on information given and not being able to see the product.

That definitely sounds like too good of a deal to be true. My personal guess would be either it is the new style Replithentics or a fake. I would tend to guess fake more than likely but that is based only on information given and not being able to see the product.

Yeah it did sound too good to be true, the guy was pretty nice regarding questions about it, but unfortunately I didn't get too much of a chance to look at it too in-depth. I am wanting to get a higher quality Manning jersey and find a Super Bowl patch...whenever I find out which jersey they are wearing at the Super Bowl. I'm looking long and hard at the replithentic white.

I'd have to see it. I've seen plenty of bad fakes on ebay, all under $100, of course. Not that all jerseys claimed to be authentic that sell for $100 ARE fake. You had the luxury of seeing it in person.

I'd have to see it. I've seen plenty of bad fakes on ebay, all under $100, of course. Not that all jerseys claimed to be authentic that sell for $100 ARE fake. You had the luxury of seeing it in person.

I looked at it a little bit closer today, with the exception of a couple of small yellow stains, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, without looking at it even closer of course. Then the guy saw my Colts t-shirt and tried to peddle a very bad Eric Dickerson "throwback" that looked like nothing the Colts have ever worn to me. He was very pushy about that one...I was ready to get out of there then.