What is this nameplate material?

Bobcat1988

I am currently trying to find nameplates for a Lewiston MAINEiacs jersey. Specifically, I noticed that the black and white jerseys seem to have nameplates made of differing materials. Can someone explain to me what differences these are? Most importantly, I'm hoping to figure out what material to ask for when getting a nameplate for these jerseys and secondly, does anyone know anywhere to get them (two black nameplates)?

TuTnX.jpg

E6plm.jpg

Ziddk.jpg

MP2cw.jpg

Not sure if they have ultrafil, but you could contact Jersey Express and ask. That's where I get my air-knit nameplates from, since they're really the only place that sells blank plates. I actually just got two in today, they weren't Nike air-knit like I got the last time, but they'll do.

Not sure if they have ultrafil, but you could contact Jersey Express and ask. That's where I get my air-knit nameplates from, since they're really the only place that sells blank plates. I actually just got two in today, they weren't Nike air-knit like I got the last time, but they'll do.

Awesome, thanks. For anyone curious, I just talked to Jersey Express and they said they could provide (black) Ultrafil nameplates. Not sure on other colors, but they were able to do black for me @ $5 per plate.

I received my nameplates today in the mail... Here they are, front (bottom) and back (top):

HJZlP.jpg

Here is a comparison of my nameplate that I was trying to replace (bottom) and the one I received in the mail today:

U5pxv.jpg

I guess my question is this: why do they look so different? Is what I received not actually ultrafil? Or is my initial nameplate not actually ultrafil? And is there a way to get rid of that disgusting plastic-y (glue?) backing?

Leave the glue backing. It makes sewing and application MUCH easier. The reason the one you took off looks different though is because the edges are serged. They do that to prevent fraying and to make stitching it on straight easier.