EPS v TTS

HawksFanInDC

So I just got a 1992 CCM Ultrafil Blackhawks size 52 tbtc barberpole. I need to get it stripped and re-done. The name was not sewn onto a nameplate but through the jersey so I know that is more delicate. I have had good experiences with getting blanks customized at both these places and EPS has also done me right with strips (have never had anything stripped at TTS). I wanna know who you think is best for the job?

The way I see it is if I could do a perfect job in my dining room on my first ever try you're probably safe with either. But I would go with what you know.

Here's my barberpoles done by TTS, I've never had anything but a good experience with TTS...they do a good job stripping as well but these days I strip myself to save on some cash. FYI The A is only on the Larmer but I don't see a point in posting both fronts...you know what it looks like!

100_1221.jpg

100_1218.jpg

100_1515.jpg

BTW both are different sizes which accounts for the different number placements... the top is a 46 in the air knit remake and the bottom is a 52 ultrafil so that's what you'rs would look like.

Thanks guys. I also have the authentic ccm vintage re-make and had it done up with Larmer at TTS and they did a great job. My brother has been telling me for months he would kill for it and now I guess I will give it to him for Christmas. Guess I don't feel like a total tool getting my Ultrafil with Larmer since he lives in Cali and me in DC.

If they are good with stripping as well I will go with them. Contacted Chris at Triple Threat to ask if they had ultrafil for the nameplate, they ran out of edge material and did up my Sharp 2010 Finals with airknit, not a big deal since those materials are so close but way off for ultrafil.

Thanks guys. I also have the authentic ccm vintage re-make and had it done up with Larmer at TTS and they did a great job. My brother has been telling me for months he would kill for it and now I guess I will give it to him for Christmas. Guess I don't feel like a total tool getting my Ultrafil with Larmer since he lives in Cali and me in DC.

If they are good with stripping as well I will go with them. Contacted Chris at Triple Threat to ask if they had ultrafil for the nameplate, they ran out of edge material and did up my Sharp 2010 Finals with airknit, not a big deal since those materials are so close but way off for ultrafil.

You might be happy to know the Hawks did use air knit name plates on their 2010 SC jerseys.

You might be happy to know the Hawks did use air knit name plates on their 2010 SC jerseys.

Ok then, I guess my white Toews Cup Final from EPS with the edge plate is off.

TTS also was a bit sloppy with the placement of the "A" and Finals patches (sewing the edges over the seams instead of closer to the head), but those are minor inconsistencies and I think look a bit less crowded so I do not care. Being my grail and not knowing how long it would take to get another if it went belly up I want to make sure it is perfect.

Ok then, I guess my white Toews Cup Final from EPS with the edge plate is off.

TTS also was a bit sloppy with the placement of the "A" and Finals patches (sewing the edges over the seams instead of closer to the head), but those are minor inconsistencies and I think look a bit less crowded so I do not care. Being my grail and not knowing how long it would take to get another if it went belly up I want to make sure it is perfect.

When it comes to patches and such always show exactly where you want them Even for Blackhawks...the big issue is even on game worn it varies, look at pictures of different games and you'll notice c and a are in different areas, Keith was a good example in the Cup, he had two different jerseys with As in different spots.

Update: Chris from TTS got back to me and said they have no ultrafil. Guess it is EPS then. For anyone thinking of sending in an untrafil, he said they use some sort of polyester like from baseball jerseys, which is not perfect but close.

I have about 10-15 jerseys I want done up by eps. Do they provide any sort of discount for getting that many done at once?

I don't know if EPS has a set advertised discount for "bulk" orders, but I do know from experience they did discount my larger orders. Shoot Josh Kliebe an e-mail (jkliebe@exclusivepro.com) and let him know the basic details and I'm sure he'll give you a discount if its a large order.

I don't know if EPS has a set advertised discount for "bulk" orders, but I do know from experience they did discount my larger orders. Shoot Josh Kliebe an e-mail (jkliebe@exclusivepro.com) and let him know the basic details and I'm sure he'll give you a discount if its a large order.

You might get a break if you were having a team set made up where they were doing the same exact work over and over, but I have living proof that if you send in a crapload of jerseys that are all different from each other, and I'm talking 50 at a time, there ain't no volume discount.