It's Norwegian but that's all I know

redbeard3569

Was given this by a friend who knows I collect jerseys. Anybody know what it is? Where it's from?

It has double elbows with board burns on the right elbow. Game worn maybe? The name is on a nameplate not directly sewn on.

Norwayjersey1.jpg

norwayjersey2.jpg

norwayjersey3.jpg

Tagged as XL but it's at best a medium to large by todays standards. I am 6 feet tall and the sleeves don't come past my wrist. Maybe a junior jersey? Or just old? Never even heard of the maker. Norway jersey with a US manufacturer tag?

I am clueless on this. Figure somebody here will know.

Thanks.

That sure is from the movie "Miracle". It would normally be a white home jersey ( from the game which led to the "again" scene), but the director had all non-Miracle on Ice game jerseys made with drab, muted colors, like grey instead of white and brick red instead of primary bright red so those brighter ones would leap off the screen. They were all made by AIS often with set numbers written in ink on the neck tag.

Nice friend you have there!

They were all made by AIS often with set numbers written in ink on the neck tag.

Thanks so much. It's a nice jersey to have in the collection.

So what looks like a 1 written in marker on the tag is the set number?

Makes me happy it has burns on the elbow too. Means it was definitely worn at some point on the ice.

Thanks again.