Jersey Foul/Stripping Questions

NYRangers_fan1994

I am looking for a blank white Rangers edge 2.0 in size 58/58+, which has been difficult to find, so I have a couple questions. Number one, is it a jersey foul to strip an unworn game issued jersey to make into a different player (I wouldn’t strip a game worn jersey, but I figure if it wasn’t actually worn, it’s not as much of an issue)? And if not, question number two, how easy/hard is it to strip a white edge jersey? I stripped a blue Rangers 6100 without too much trouble, as the air knit material is pretty sturdy and when I sent it out to get customized, they were able to clean off all the left over white glue/twill residue. But how is it with the white edge material, i.e. does the edge material damage easily, and being white, is there any color staining after the numbers/letters are removed (I don’t know if that happens or not, but I figure I’ll ask to be sure)?

No it's not a jersey foul to strip a game-issued jersey and recustomize it. Just don't put YOUR name and number on it and you'll be all right! :lol: As far as stripping goes, I really don't have experience with it, but I know for EDGE jerseys you have to be very careful because the material is more delicate than say the 6100s.

Ok, thanks for the responses to my first question. But can anyone answer part 2, as far as will there be any marks/stains left over after stripping the old numbers off that, seeing as the bottom layer of the Ranger’s numbers is red on a white jersey? Or is it going to be a hit or miss sort of thing, where there may be nothing left over, or there may be a lot? I was looking at buying a jersey from Meigray’s while they’re still having their summer sale, but I don’t want to waste my money if after I strip the numbers off, there’s going to be an outline or anything from the old numbers that I won’t be able to get off.

I've stripped many game issues, only way to get a hawks 2.0

Ditto for the Pens. I'd say go for it, as I'm thinking about doing the same myself.