Old Pre-Reebok Replicas

Monkeyball

Hey guys, new poster here! I've been reading this forum for quite some time now and it has been really useful in that I have learnt how to spot what's legit and what's fake when it comes to the newer Reebok EDGE/premier jerseys. I've bought a couple of Ducks jerseys so far, and now I'm getting interested in the old Mighty Ducks jerseys (Mostly the regular home and road jerseys and green 3rds, not the wildwing 3rds or the black and purple 3rds of the mid 2000's). I'll probably settle for a blank replica since, well first of all I'm a student and second of all I live in Finland so buying jerseys is quite expensive as i have to pay about 40$ for shipping, and an additional 23% of it all (price + shipping) in taxes once it reaches Finland... But of course if I could find a cheap authentic jersey I wouldn't mind that. Anyways, I have a couple of questions about old jerseys (some are quite Ducks specific but any info about old CCM/Nike/Starter/Koho etc jerseys would be helpful):

-Nowadays all NHL jerseys are manufactured by Reebok, but looking at jerseys from the early 2000's and the 90's I've seen a lot of different manufacturers. What manufacturers have the Ducks had for their old Mighty Ducks jerseys, and for which respective seasons?

-What logos are supposed to be present on the hem of the jersey? Most jerseys I've seen on eBay have had the manufacturer's logo there, but some have had an NHL shield next to it, while others have had the team logo and still others have had nothing but the manufacturer's logo. Maybe there is a difference between replicas and authentics in this regard? Any easy way to spot a fake by looking at the hem logos?

-What about the 'neck tag' (Is that what it's called? The tag on the inside of the jersey, just below the collar, where you see the size etc.)? Anything to look for there? Why is this jersey I found on eBay, for instance, missing that tag altogether it would seem from pictures? http://cgi.ebay.com/Vtg-CCM-Anaheim-Mighty-Ducks-Hockey-Jersey-90s-Medium-/290595596523?pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item43a8d8e8eb#ht_5563wt_1396 (Actually, it seems the tag is there in one of the pictures, but not at the neck? What's up with that?)

-Are there any places other than eBay where I could buy a Mighty Ducks jersey?

-Finally a question about sizes: Are there any size charts for the old jerseys, for different manufacturers? I have one Reebok Premier that is size M and fits pretty perfectly, it is a bit wide if I only wear like a t-shirt under it, but if i wear a hoodie underneath it, it fits very nicely. I am quite tall and thin (6'3", 157 lbs), what sizes should i look at? I ask because looking at pictures of older jerseys, they seem a lot wider and seem to have shorter sleeves. I do have an old CCM practice Mighty Ducks jersey, size S and it is about the right width around the chest but the sleeves cover about 3/4 of my arms, if even that!

Oh and just a bonus question (just so I have a rough guideline to know whether a price is too high): What price do you think is worth paying on ebay for a:

A) blank replica Mighty Ducks jersey

B) blank authentic Mighty Ducks jersey

C) replica Mighty Ducks jersey customized w/ Selanne

D) authentic Mighty Ducks jersey customized w/ Selanne

It would be of great help if someone could try and answer even a few of these questions for me, I know that if someone can do it it's you guys.

Hey, I can't answer everything, but here goes.

I've picked up a few Selanne replicas for $30-50, they're not hard to find. For the alternates, if you want the real material you'll have to go Starter replica or Nike authentic. Nike replicas have the right cut but not the right material, and Starter's don't have the correct collar from what I remember. If you want a legitimate alternate (my favorite set ever), you have to go authentic. You can get them customized accurately by exclusivepro.com (EPS).

Size charts:

http://www.clicshop.com/stores/hockeygalore/Files/jerseysizingchart.htm

Tagging, there's a thread on here you can check out, it's stickied in this forum. For replicas, you'll see company logo next to the team logo or the puck, a screened CCM, or just the puck I believe. The shields are indicative of authentics.

Ducks manufacturers are I believe CCM until 1996, then Nike for 2-3 years, then back to CCM. Then Reebok with everyone else.

You're most likely not going to run into a fake looking for what you're looking for.

Oh, prices in general. The original sets, the white ones go for more. Like, a lot. Even white replicas. I still need a set. Authentics...not sure on Ultrafil older ones, but if you look carefully you can get an authentic for around $50-100. As for customization, Selanne's popular so it might not be as big with him, but sometimes you can get customized cheaper than blank. For instance, my LeClair all-star below was a Lindros I stripped I got for around $120. That same day a blank went off for $250.

Ducks manufacturers are I believe CCM until 1996, then Nike for 2-3 years, then back to CCM. Then Reebok with everyone else.

While correct, it's important to note that from 2000-2004 it was CCM home/white, Koho away/dark & 3rd - but they were the same company (The Hockey Company who Reebok bought in 2004).

While correct, it's important to note that from 2000-2004 it was CCM home/white, Koho away/dark & 3rd - but they were the same company (The Hockey Company who Reebok bought in 2004).

Good addition! I'm terrible with company years haha.

Coincidence, I just picked up an Eggplant replica today.

It's size S (for my brother), KOHO, and has the puck logo on the back hem. The tagging is typical KOHO on the neck. I got it for 10 dollars on Kijiji :D

CCM/Reebok has made replicas from their inception. Starter made replicas from 1996-99. Nike made replica (and authentics) from 1996-99. ProPlayer made authentics and replicas in 1999-2000. So from 1996 to 1999, three manufacturers made Mighty Ducks replica jerseys at the same time.

Thank you guys, all this information is very useful! Thanks for the size chart JohnnyOnTheSpot, good stuff (Nice Selanne 3rd in your signature btw!). $30-50 for a Selanne replica would be absolutely awesome, haven't encountered any of those on eBay yet but good to hear that they can be found for that price. Also, nice to hear that there should not be too many fakes around.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, could you help me? I need to customize old navy Thrashers' CCM replica + sew NHL2000 patch on it.

But I need to find any customizer who accepts PayPal + who ships overseas. EPS doesn't accept it, Jersey Express has not replied me yet (well it also tells something about that company if they're not able to reply within one week)...

Who do you recommend me? Thanks. (+ if somebody is willing to help me with paying for customization to EPS, I'd appreciate it - I mean, someone pays for it, but before that I'd send him money via PayPal)