Identifying Authentic Name and Number Stitching

iambecometoo

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could take the time to describe the authentic on-ice stitching for all the NHL teams (if they are all the same.)

I just got my Bruins jersey back from Custom Crafted (reportedly the Bruins on-ice customizers, at one point) and while the font and spacing is perfect, I took a closer look and saw that each character is one single patch - as opposed to several layers - and that there is simply the illusion of several layers by stitching along the different borders of the font. It is very hard to notice, but these kinds of things bother me. My question is, are the on-ice jerseys stitched with several layers or just one layer?

I would provide pictures but you can't really see what I'm talking about in photos.

I'm pretty sure that's what the B's use nowadays. They have single-layer twill dyed and then stitched to give the illusion of multi-layered twill. Somebody help me out here and confirm or deny that.

I'm pretty sure that's what the B's use nowadays. They have single-layer twill dyed and then stitched to give the illusion of multi-layered twill. Somebody help me out here and confirm or deny that.

That was true as of last season.

^ They have been using this type of lettering for some time. I have a Bruins gamer from 2002 that has sublimated twill numbers on it.

And OP, don't let it bother you. Custom Crafted is the only place (that I've seen) that can do the fonts right for Bruins jerseys. They're the go-to place.

My Bruins 58G that I posted a little while back in "it arrived today" was a game issue from this season, and the multi layer illusion is still used.....

For the sticklers out there, you could take advantage of a little technicality that I remembered. EPS did the on-ice lettering for all of the competitors in the all star skills competition this year (and I believe in years past), so you could have them do the lettering for you and still have on-ice authentic lettering, given that the player you're getting took part in the competition.

Example, Tim Thomas:

EPS

108545437.jpg

Custom Crafted

114894442.jpg