My Jersey is coneshaped?

SquishyTomato

This sounds silly, but I really need to know.

I recently bought 2 used XXL jerseys for really cheap, a Marleau and Sturm from 2004ish.

Now, I usually wear L.. so these are massive on me.. which I really don't mind except the bottom of the jersey seem "stretched".. like near the waste area.

Instead of looking flat at the bottom like | |... it looks like / \... so it looks like a pyramid from the side.

Sorry if that made no sense, tried to explain right.

This sounds silly, but I really need to know.

I recently bought 2 used XXL jerseys for really cheap, a Marleau and Sturm from 2004ish.

Now, I usually wear L.. so these are massive on me.. which I really don't mind except the bottom of the jersey seem "stretched".. like near the waste area.

Instead of looking flat at the bottom like | |... it looks like / \... so it looks like a pyramid from the side.

This is just a theory. The stiffness of the front crest (which is much stiffer on a replica than on an authentic) and the twill of the numbers on the back of the jersey may not let the fabric of the jersey (which is thinner and lighter than that of an authentic) wrap properly around your body, especially if the jersey is way too large for you. The crest and numbers might draw the fabric away from your chest and back so it will look like a tent. If you see the crest bulging away from your waist, or the back of the jersey folding between the 2 numbers, then this is probably your problem. Try putting a thick sweatshirt underneath, and some shoulder pads, if you can find any (if not, even a small folded handtowel) on your shoulders to lift the jersey a little higher. If this doesn't help, then I guess you're probably screwed. The only thing you can do is alter the jerseys or, next time, pick a jersey closer to your real size. :)