Nike Jersey Sizing

Daveunseen

I recently picked up a Red Wings Nike authentic size 48 on Ebay. I tried it on today to realize it fits a bit smaller then my Flyers Nike authentic that is also size 48. Do the Nike authentic jerseys from the 90's vary in size from team to team or is something amiss with one of my purchases?

The Nike sizing should be fairly consistent. The one thing I could think of, if the sizes are extremely different fit for 48's is that potentially the Red Wings could be a fake IF it's one of the 97-98 Era Konstantinov and SCF patched knockoffs. They even started making "Gamer" knockoffs of that style.

But without knowing what the Red Wings jersey is, it could be something as simple as one being worn and stretched, or one being washed and shrunk, a combo of both, or just some wrong tagging...

Besides the sizing issue I'm having I think that it is in good shape. Doesn't seem to be any stains on it, just a little bit of fraying on one or two of the letters.

How does the Nike 48 size up to say, a Starter or CCM 48? I was thinking about buying that and stripping it. I just couldn't talk myself in to it.

I don't really know much about the Starter sizing, but I've seen people compare the Nike sizes to the older CCM's before on this forum and from the pictures/comments the Nike jersey sizing tends to run a bit bigger then the older CCM's. So a size 44 nike would be comparable to a size 48 CCM, maybe only a small difference. Its one of the reasons why I bought a few size 48 Nike authentic's cause I prefer a 52 usually.

Not sure about Starter, but for CCM/Nike comparison...

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=3473&st=0&p=49988&hl=mdwsta4%20sizing&fromsearch=1entry49988

How does the Nike 48 size up to say, a Starter or CCM 48? I was thinking about buying that and stripping it. I just couldn't talk myself in to it.