Question about Oilers Jerseys

Thelonious Sphere Monk

Did the Oilers ever wear a Mesh CCM jersey with just the Black CCM Letters on the hem. no shield?

or is it a reissue type jersey?

I don't think they did. I'm pretty sure the only mesh ones they wore were Nike. I DO know that, in 1988-89, they wore Nike mesh with the Nike logo covered up on the hem. That was also the year they were SUPPOSED to wear CCM air-knit jerseys with the 10th anny patch on them but they were still under contract with Nike and had to pull all the patches off the CCM ones(that had been pre-made) and reapply them onto the Nike ones.

Oddly enough, I think I've seen retailed CCM mesh Oilers jerseys minus the shield. Those might...MIGHT have been jerseys that were sold by CCM(since they had the league-wide contract) in stores.

As pointed out here - http://forums.icejer...?showtopic=2610

I found a few other Oilers Gamers some time ago. The Oilers seemed to have quite a few branding variations in 89-90.

Both jerseys show the same CCM tagging in the hem but only the Fuhr jersey has the 10th anniversary patch and I'm assuming that all the lettering is twill (with mesh nameplate of course). The Eriksson jersey has the Nike era style name on it as you can tell by the "S". I used the Fuhr jersey as a reference to my Messier.

They wore some at the end of 88-89, and the start of 89-90. The CCM wasn't black though....

I modeled my Messier after this gamer -

2080408330105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

Did the black style on the hem indicate replica or a reissue possibly then? I'm sure I saw it with a Legit fight strap.

Did the black style on the hem indicate replica or a reissue possibly then? I'm sure I saw it with a Legit fight strap.

I know not what you speak of, kind sir.

As noted by JAV's pics, the CCM's on the white jerseys were blue...

Wanna post a pic of what you're referring to?

I wish I a pic. I had my hands on it though so it real! :)

It's just a white mesh Oilers jersey with a regular black CCM patches on back hem. No Shield. Just like the Canada Cup Ultrafil reissues ccm did!

"1989-90(first-half): CCM three-block logo embroidered onto right tail" - It looks like this one except Black with white Letters.

The Fightstrap looked Legit too and not put on after the fact.

I bet it was just a retail authentic that was sold to get rid of stock during the nike/CCM transfer of power :)

It seems really difficult to get the right infos about Oilers jerseys from the 1989-1990 season.

This is my Messier jersey. As far as I know it was worn like that the first half of the season.

2671877950054115799S500x500Q85.jpg

Here's a game worn Grant Fuhr jersey of the same style:

94402503fGkXiH_fs.jpg

Eriksson gamer of the same season without the anniversary patch:

89-90EdmontonOilersPeterEriksson_02.jpg

And another Messier, don't know if it's game worn but it's a mesh jersey, has the anniversary patch but a different hem tagging.

479144117iRsVhH_ph.jpg

As for their away jersey in the finals. It looks like the CCM Logo in the hem was all whites boxes instead of orange/orange/white

My jersey with the common CCM tagging in the hem:

2554121310054115799S500x500Q85.jpg

During the Cup Finals:

566083472.jpg

Ugh; doesn't that just drive you effing crazy?? I HATE seeing some of those older auctions and how friggin CHEAP stuff went for.

It looks just like Erickson jersey!

I'm sure its legit and all. I might have to pick it up.