Reebook Edge Jersey Foul

mharolde

Your opinions if this is a jersey foul:

Getting a Reebok Edge 1.0 jersey customized as a player who only wore a 2.0.

I don't think it is. I have a Blue Jackets new 3rd and you could only buy them in 1.0 even when the players likely only wore 2.0. Other then getting lucky and finding a team issued blank there is no way for me to get the jersey in a 2.0.

Yeah, I don't think that's a jersey foul. I can understand the hesitation, but really it's not always possible to get 2.0's.

Nah. The general public has no idea what the 2.0's are so I wouldn't think that's as much of an issue as some others.

I haven't seen any blank team issued Kings 2.0's available.

I have two players in mind and I know one of them wore a 1.0 edge.

Of course I will still most likely be committing a jersey foul as I have the wrong size jersey for the player.

But I can live with that one...I want to be able to wear some of my jerseys.

Reebok spent millions developing that 1.0 material. If they let 2.0 goes out then that means they are telling the world that their invention is a complete failure. Plus, 2.0 is basically air-knit, and THAT alone is not justify for any jersey that costs $350+ a pop! <_<

Reebok spent millions developing that 1.0 material. If they let 2.0 goes out then that means they are telling the world that their invention is a complete failure. Plus, 2.0 is basically air-knit, and THAT alone is not justify for any jersey that costs $350+ a pop! <_<

I completely agree...but why did they release the 2011 all star jerseys in 2.0?

Or is that the reason so few were made available.

The only foul is getting a RBK Edge jersey period.

Okay, so I admit even I have softened my hatred of the Edge jerseys (still not my favorite by far) but as everyone else said, it's not a foul because Edge 2.0s still aren't readily available.

I cant wait til they are readily available. I like them so much more because as stated, they're basically just air knits. And I love air-knits!

I cant wait til they are readily available. I like them so much more because as stated, they're basically just air knits. And I love air-knits!

Not quite. The underarm areas and backs are still made of the edge 1.0 materials.

My biggest issue with the Edge jerseys are the cut. I curse Reebok every time I try to photograph one and can't get it to lay right.

My biggest issue with the Edge jerseys are the cut. I curse Reebok every time I try to photograph one and can't get it to lay right.

The cut of the 2.0 is much better than the 1.0 IMO.

Shorter sleeve length and wider body width...fits more like a hockey jersey should.

Yeah, the sleeve length difference is huge. I need to go to a 54, 52 only goes about to my wrists.

• 5 weeks later...

Where do you guys find info on who wore 1.0/2.0 jerseys and when?

Would it be a foul to put a captains or alternate patch on a 1.0 when the player was probably wearing 2.0 when they were appointed?

Where do you guys find info on who wore 1.0/2.0 jerseys and when?

Would it be a foul to put a captains or alternate patch on a 1.0 when the player was probably wearing 2.0 when they were appointed?

For teams that were in the MeiGray program, you can check out their yearly population reports to see who wore 1.0 vs 2.0. For other teams it's just trying to find out info about their gamers from pictures or other collectors (or sometimes the team itself in the case of Columbus).

According to the MeiGray population reports, the percentage of 1.0s went from 59% in 2007-08 down to 14% in 2008-09 and 11% in 2009-10, so I think it's fair to say that now a large majority of players are using 2.0s.

As to your second question, because 2.0s still aren't yet available for retail, and it would seem when/if they are this fall they may have different RBK back neck tagging, I don't think anyone would consider it a foul to customize a 1.0 as a player who wore a 2.0 regardless of "C" or "A".

What about players who only wore 1.0? Ex. Trevor Linden

I would not consider it a foul. It's the same as getting an authentic NBA or NFL jersey. The 2.0 are way too hard to find.