New Website: Sioux-Jersey.com

Big A HG

I know this isn't really NHL related, but I thought I'd share with you my new website here instead of the ghost town college section: http://sioux-jersey.com

Basically, the short story is that I wanted to create an online Encyclopedia of all the details and nuances of every North Dakota Fighting Sioux jersey ever worn. It's going to be a lot of work, but I thought I'd make it interesting by doing a blog piece for every new Encyclopedia entry. I just "launched" my site with Sioux fans earlier today with the posting of my first Encyclopedia entry, a 1995-2001 road Sioux jersey. Check out the blog for a good read on the jersey and era it was worn, and/or check out the Encyclopedia page for more jersey-specific details. I am also going to have a "Collect" section that chronicles each game-worn jersey out there (unrealistic goal, but I want as many as possible). Hopefully it becomes a little learning and trading center on the web for Sioux jerseys.

I also have a Buy/Sell section which I have posted a Matt Greene (former Sioux) game-worn Oilers jersey for a decent price.

If you want immediate updates, follow the site on Twitter @SiouxJersey.

Thanks for looking, and if you have any comments or suggestions, I'd like to hear your thoughts. The site is still going through a ton of changes as I've had it running for less than a week, but made good enough progress to share.

A

Yeah, the encyclopedia is going to be time consuming. I've researched Sioux jerseys long and hard, and there are a few gray areas I'm still trying to determine, but all-in-all, I have a pretty good understanding of most of them.

In terms of Gophers jerseys...I may actually do a piece on one particular Gopher sweater. The guy had some big connections to North Dakota. Any guesses?

oh man you are askin the wrong guy on that one. i am an alumni from the U of M and grew up in Milwaukee, so my historical knowledge of Gopher hockey is minimal, I just love catching them on the weekends when they are on. inevitably my heart gets crushed midseason by their lack luster performance and then i get an extra kick to the pants with Gopher football and seeing no bowl game in sight.

oh man you are askin the wrong guy on that one. i am an alumni from the U of M and grew up in Milwaukee, so my historical knowledge of Gopher hockey is minimal, I just love catching them on the weekends when they are on. inevitably my heart gets crushed midseason by their lack luster performance and then i get an extra kick to the pants with Gopher football and seeing no bowl game in sight.

Ah cool, I grew up an hour north of Milwaukee in the Sheboygan area. Went to UND, now an alum.

The answer is Dean Blais. He is a Gopher alum who was an assistant at UND in the 80s, left for a different job, but came back to UND in 1994 as head coach. He coached UND to two titles (1997, and 2000...as well as his title as assistant in 1987). He left UND for an assistant job in Columbus in following the 2003-04 season. He is a Sioux legend, which is crazy considering his Gopher ties. He is now head coach of the U of Nebraska-Omaha. He coached the US World Jr. team to Gold last season as well. He is an amazing coach.

There, now you know more than you really cared to. :)

• 2 weeks later...

There are now three collections posted with more to come...working out the details on a bunch before adding them.

I also added the second jersey to the Encyclopedia. The blog has a good read on each of the jerseys that will tell the interesting stories behind the jerseys. I think even you NHL guys will enjoy 'em. :)

Sioux-Jersey.com