Replacing a Crest

mharolde

I have an older Kings jersey and the silver "glitter" has rubbed off the crest.

I am thinking about trying to find an inexpensive authentic and swap out the crest.

My question is are the crests a different size on a size 46 compared to a size 56?

It would help my search greatly if I didn't have to worry about size.

I see a couple of crests on ebay but I am guessing they are stiff like the type you would find on a replica.

Ebay Kings Crest

Authentic crests are obviously much nicer.

Any thoughts on the quality of above patch?

Is stripping a crest any different than stripping numbers off a jersey?

My question is are the crests a different size on a size 46 compared to a size 56?

99.99% is the same size, condition on you are stripping it off from another authentic. Replica jerseys' front crest are different than authentic as well, not only in size but also in how the crest is made. For example: Flyers are all twill in authentics, but are embroidery stuff on replicas. If you are buying after market stuff, then it is a different ball game. Size , colour, everything will be different from seller to seller depending on which company they chose to made it from...

Sripping no, pulling it off from a jersey, then be careful, cause Reebok/CCM has a tendency to glue around the border. You may think the crest is easily come off by judging the middle (since they literally didn't iron the middle)

to be honest, you are better off looking for a new jersey. the crest replace thing doesnt work too well.

99.99% is the same size, condition on you are stripping it off from another authentic. Replica jerseys' front crest are different than authentic as well, not only in size but also in how the crest is made. For example: Flyers are all twill in authentics, but are embroidery stuff on replicas. If you are buying after market stuff, then it is a different ball game. Size , colour, everything will be different from seller to seller depending on which company they chose to made it from...

Sripping no, pulling it off from a jersey, then be careful, cause Reebok/CCM has a tendency to glue around the border. You may think the crest is easily come off by judging the middle (since they literally didn't iron the middle)

Tb426...thanks for the info.

The damaged crest is on a Koho authentic, so I will looking for another authentic for the crest swap.

Good to know about the size as the smaller sizes tend to be more available.

I am thinking about trying to find an inexpensive authentic and swap out the crest. My question is are the crests a different size on a size 46 compared to a size 56? It would help my search greatly if I didn't have to worry about size.

I have a Kings CCM 46 authentic, and the crest measurements are as follows: 9 5/8" between the bottom 2 corners, 12 1/4" between the left and right crown tips, and 10" from the highest to lowest point of the crown. I also have a medium size replica, and the crown dimensions are the same as the authentic. How do these measurements compare to your 56? I'm curious to know too. Hope this helps you.

I have a Kings CCM 46 authentic, and the crest measurements are as follows: 9 5/8" between the bottom 2 corners, 12 1/4" between the left and right crown tips, and 10" from the highest to lowest point of the crown. I also have a medium size replica, and the crown dimensions are the same as the authentic. How do these measurements compare to your 56? I'm curious to know too. Hope this helps you.

The measurements for the crest I am replacing are a little smaller than yours.

9 5/8" at the bottom, 10 3/4" from tip to tip and 9 1/2" for the height.

I believe the reason for the smaller crest is the jersey I have is the alternate purple lace up from 1999 - 2002.

On this jersey the crest is not outlined in black, the only Kings jersey with a crest that isn't outlined in black.

Which makes my search a bit harder as I only have one jersey to try and steal a crest from.

This project is definitely on my back burner, I might find a replacement jersey before I find a cheap, small sized jersey to strip.