Lowell Lock Monsters...

So at a local flea market I found a Lowell Lock Monsters authentic (size 44, but looks big for a 44, maybe an equivalent to a 50 in the 6100 Reeboks?) It's not customized and it mint shape but it has a different style to the bottom hem then most I can find online to show you guys (it's made by SP). Just wondering what the value of it is, I'm sure it will be there tomorrow/later in the day if I decide to go back and grab it.

I found this picture it's made by Bauer

lowelllockmonsters.jpg

Out of curiosity what is the name on the back? THe Isles used to send prospects there in the late 90s/early 00s I think. Jeff Libby comes to mind.

The local one is not customized, the one above is a random one from google to show the style of the jersey. From hat I can find the SP Pros where used for the 2001/2002 season

Not sure if it's an indication of value but the last few from that team I've seen on ebay ..replicas went in the 20-30 range and authentics up around $50.

AHL jerseys were tagged as "SP" from the 2000-01 season to the 04-05 season. The Bauer's from (around) 1993 to 2000 were made by SP also, so they were identical. Nike/Bauer used SP to manufacture the AHL, IHL, NHL, and CHL jerseys. Maybe IIHF jerseys, too.

Not sure if it's an indication of value but the last few from that team I've seen on ebay ..replicas went in the 20-30 range and authentics up around $50.

I think some of the seasoned collectors can weigh in on this more than I can, but I don't think that it would hold much value as a defunct AHL team's jersey since the teams in that league seem to relocate regularly. Around $50 sounds like a fair price.

I think some of the seasoned collectors can weigh in on this more than I can, but I don't think that it would hold much value as a defunct AHL team's jersey since the teams in that league seem to relocate regularly. Around $50 sounds like a fair price.

I'd agree with that. With a few exceptions, San Francisco Spiders as an example, most defunct minor league teams are mostly sought out regionally or for sentimental reasons.

Thanks for all the input, they are only asking $30 but I think I'll pass for now

• 6 months later...

I haven't been back in a while but it probably is still there. I can try to check it out next weekend