Shipping Question

CJ Matthews

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always get bubble mailers and mail them in that so they are cushioned.I usually use a #5,#6 or #7 for 2 of them.

I don't ever see any reason to not use a box. jerseys honestly don't need protection from crushing or impact (very much anymore), but they definitely need protection from piercing or cutting. With a box, you're protected from pretty much anything. Add a freezer bag that zips shut and you're also protected from moisture.

I use those huge freezer bags someone else recommended and the larger flat priority mail boxes (or flat rate if cheaper/easier.

IMO, protecting a jersey shipment is not something to skimp on.

Speaking of, where the crap do you find those 2.5 gallon freezer bags? I keep searching but always come up empty.

I find the 2 gallon size ones can work too. My girlfriend found some in the grocery store.

Man, I've checked every friggin supermarket in the area. Even Home Depot and Lowe's and they all got nothing. It's driving me crazy.

Hey guys, what's the best way to ship to Canada?

Sold a jersey on eBay that comes with a large display box so the package is pretty big and fairly heavy. What should I do? It's like a 24" by 24" by 4" box. Weighs about 10 pounds.

Thanks!

Send it Priority Int'l this way you have the tracking number. It'll be pricey but it's worth it. It also won't give them an excuse to complain when they don't receive it two days after you've shipped it and then possibly leave bad feedback on you.

Thanks Mike!

Ended up being a bit more money than I had the guy pay for shipping. Oh well. At least I made some good coin on the jersey itself.

Yeah; unfortunately, that int'l shipping can be costly. I usually charge at least $20 for Canadian customers on eBay. Don't like it? Don't bid.

Yeah; unfortunately, that int'l shipping can be costly. I usually charge at least $20 for Canadian customers on eBay. Don't like it? Don't bid.

Was my own fault for not upping the cost for Canadian bidders. Ended up eating a little of my profit on shipping. Oh well. Live and learn.

Thanks Mike!

Ended up being a bit more money than I had the guy pay for shipping. Oh well. At least I made some good coin on the jersey itself.

Did someone click the buy it now on your Zherdev?

Did someone click the buy it now on your Zherdev?

Nah. Went for $405 + $20 shipping. Ending up paying $32 for shipping so lost out on $12 there.

We paid, what, $200 for those Graves Night jerseys? I'm happy with the profit.

Nah. Went for $405 + $20 shipping. Ending up paying $32 for shipping so lost out on $12 there.

We paid, what, $200 for those Graves Night jerseys? I'm happy with the profit.

I think it was $250. You still made a profit, which is nice. I've been considering putting mine up, but I really don't know if I will. Korpikoski is going to be harder to sell than Zherdev I think.

I think it was $250. You still made a profit, which is nice. I've been considering putting mine up, but I really don't know if I will. Korpikoski is going to be harder to sell than Zherdev I think.

He's having a great year though and his value is going up a good bit. He's a player whose jersey could get more valuable in time.

Figured I had to sell my Zherdev this year since he's still in the NHL. Could be KHL bound again next year.

There was also a guy who missed the end of my auction and asked if I had any others for sale. I'll forward him your email if you'd like.

There was also a guy who missed the end of my auction and asked if I had any others for sale. I'll forward him your email if you'd like.

Yeah PM me. I'll see what he's offering.

Yeah PM me. I'll see what he's offering.

Just sent him a message asking for his email. All I have is his eBay member account address thingy. I'll PM it to you when he gets back to me.

I can't believe you guys are selling those. The packaging alone was awesome. Throw in the fact the jerseys were CCM vintage airknits not Edge and it got even better. I don't even like autos but I thought it was cool that Gravey autographed them.

Just the other day someone asked me at work if my house was on fire and I could only save a handful of jerseys, what would they be. Without question I said the first two would probably be my Graves night jerseys and then my Heritage gamer.

I really just had no use for mine. No room to display it, couldn't wear it, have no use for the player anymore, etc. The thing was just sitting in the corner of my room for the majority of the time I owned it. To each their own, I guess. If it was from Leetch Night, my opinion would probably change. I'm a fan of Graves but not anywhere close to my fanhood of Leetch.

Glad someone who can enjoy it a bit more than myself can have it now. Plus I made some profit on it. I'm happy.

I can't believe you guys are selling those. The packaging alone was awesome. Throw in the fact the jerseys were CCM vintage airknits not Edge and it got even better. I don't even like autos but I thought it was cool that Gravey autographed them.

Just the other day someone asked me at work if my house was on fire and I could only save a handful of jerseys, what would they be. Without question I said the first two would probably be my Graves night jerseys and then my Heritage gamer.

I'm not actively looking for it, but if the guy is willing to pay for basically half of that Naslund rookie gamer on eBay, I ###### myself out for the rest to make it worth my while...

I get the reasons you guys are selling - just sad you have to. Personally one of my favorite finds, especially since all 3 of us were able to get in on it. I still owe irishlaxburger2 gratitude for the tip in the first place.

I get the reasons you guys are selling - just sad you have to. Personally one of my favorite finds, especially since all 3 of us were able to get in on it. I still owe irishlaxburger2 gratitude for the tip in the first place.

Me too. Again it probably isn't going anywhere, but I would entertain offers.