Pulling Off the All Star Patch

Jeep Guy

Cliff notes: I've got a relatively new Authentic jersey lying around the house and somebody thought it would look nicer with the All Star 2011 patch sewn on it. So they took it and sent it off, without telling me. I didn't really want it on there, and I'm thinking of taking it off. I know I can because it's sewn on, not heat-pressed, but will it look screwed up where the patch was? Or will nobody be able to tell? I appreciate the responses. I searched and it turned up a little info on taking off sewn-on letters and numbers, but none of it confirmed what it would look like afterward.

Cliff notes: I've got a relatively new Authentic jersey lying around the house and somebody thought it would look nicer with the All Star 2011 patch sewn on it. So they took it and sent it off, without telling me. I didn't really want it on there, and I'm thinking of taking it off. I know I can because it's sewn on, not heat-pressed, but will it look screwed up where the patch was? Or will nobody be able to tell? I appreciate the responses. I searched and it turned up a little info on taking off sewn-on letters and numbers, but none of it confirmed what it would look like afterward.

If it's just sewn on then remove the stitching and take off the patch. There will be an outline of the stitch marks left on the jersey which can be ironed out afterwards, just turn the jersey inside out and go over the area with an iron using a lot of steam.

If the patch was glued down then sewed you'll probably have residue left behind.

In the case that it is glued to the jersey as well as sewn....remove the stitching first, then put a bit of goof off behind where the patch is on the jersey and let it sit for about a minute. The patch should just peel off and the glue residue left behind should be able to come off.

Who in the hell just takes someone's jersey and sends it out without your knowledge to have patches applied? The Hockey Jersey Fairy?

leafsfan.jpg

Who in the hell just takes someone's jersey and sends it out without your knowledge to have patches applied? The Hockey Jersey Fairy?

I'm afraid to ask for the backstory on that picture.

I didn't know if I should start a completely new thread, but is there a way to remove name/numbers from a Premier jersey that have been heat pressed on?