Islanders Fisherman Jersey

CJ Matthews

So I'm looking at Fisherman jerseys, and I noticed that they used different fonts on the jerseys. I assume the pictures were taken in different years because one of them has an anniversary patch on it and the other one doesn't. I was wondering if anybody knew anything about this, like what years which lettering was worn and why it might have been different. Here are two exhibits. Look at the captains A.

palffy.jpg

and here's the other one...

050113_islanders2.jpg

I can't seem to find any better pictures or pictures of the back of his jersey.

Looking at that post, only 1 of the 3 images load. I would like to see the different variations of the A and the Y though, because I am looking at jerseys and can't tell if they're correct or not.

Another thing. I notice that people on the forum who have Fisherman's jerseys don't have nameplates on them. Is this because of the unique shape of it due to the name not being straight across the jersey, or are people just not customizing properly?

Another thing. I notice that people on the forum who have Fisherman's jerseys don't have nameplates on them. Is this because of the unique shape of it due to the name not being straight across the jersey, or are people just not customizing properly?

Not being customized properly. They should have a name plate. As I said earlier, it was very hard to customize.

Yeah cause I see at least two jerseys from two different people on here that I'm looking at and they both don't have nameplates, and one of them I'm not even sure if the font is right on the player name. It's so hard to find photos for reference.