Sabres Vintage Jersey Help

sf3383

So I finally got my artwork from RBK and having the vintage white Sabres jersey made with the tie-down neck. Initially I requested this thinking 2008 Winter Classic. But the art they sent has no shoulder logos, meaning it's more like the 1970-78 jerseys.

So my question is, should I ask to get the shoulder patches or not? I'm starting to think this jersey would sell better and then if people wanted WC, we could add the patches later

7078white.jpg

Well the older late 70-80's sabres sweaters had much thinner stripes and a different crest. The other issue would be that the winter classics had the RBK vector logo not the ccm. So this one would really have no specific era to attribute it to.

446.jpg

Well the older late 70-80's sabres sweaters had much thinner stripes and a different crest. The other issue would be that the winter classics had the RBK vector logo not the ccm. So this one would really have no specific era to attribute it to.

446.jpg

True, it doesn't look like the later 70s ones, but it's is just about spot on for this one

1110coolstuff02.jpg

Outside of the broader shoulder yoke that is

Can you give me some background, you got artwork back from RBK? Are they making you an order of jerseys to sell at retail?

anyway, as others stated, you have a mish-mash of different eras going on in the art they sent. If you haven't already I would

do research on the time frame you want and send them accurate pics and specs/measuremenrs too, even if they're guesses, it would be better than

having them frankenstein something for you.

why not ask them to make and authentic edge version of the Winter Classic?

They have the specs, it's already been made.

True, it doesn't look like the later 70s ones, but it's is just about spot on for this one

Outside of the broader shoulder yoke that is

And the blue cuffs, crest, and the size of the yellow stripes on the waist.

I am with Hannu on this one. When you said you were going to try to get the winter classics made that is what peaked everyone's interest the most.

Can you give me some background, you got artwork back from RBK? Are they making you an order of jerseys to sell at retail?

anyway, as others stated, you have a mish-mash of different eras going on in the art they sent. If you haven't already I would

do research on the time frame you want and send them accurate pics and specs/measuremenrs too, even if they're guesses, it would be better than

having them frankenstein something for you.

why not ask them to make and authentic edge version of the Winter Classic?

They have the specs, it's already been made.

Hannu,

I work for a retailer here in Buffalo and have been trying to get Reebok to make the correct Winter Classic jersey since the thing was announced back in summer 2008. I can only get Premier made, as authentics cost way too much, and I think the team would have to approve to have those made anyways. I'm leaning towards not having this made. I sent them the original picture of their mock-up from sabres.com too. topstory-jersey-11-9-07.jpg

But I think they came back with this as it is for their CCM Classic line. That was 1 of 3 jerseys I got art on. The other 2 are correct and I am ordering.

Haha, unfortunately not. But if you can convince someone on the Isle to order 360, I'm sure they can be made.

Really? Do you know who to talk to on the Isles lol? How can I get involved? That has to be the coolest job in the world! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the background info, very cool. I'm from Buffalo - grew up in the Tonawandas and Williamsville - which store do you buy for?

Reebok really missed the boat not selling he authentic WC's when they had a chance and even now. I thought they were in the business to make money?

I think they would have sold out easily.

Let us know what other jerseys you're having made up, I'm always good to

add a some more Sabres to my collection.

What do the other 2 look like?

The same ones CCM/RBK made before tagged as 1990, the LaFontaine/Mogilny/Hasek era blue and white unis with shoulder logos

Thanks for the background info, very cool. I'm from Buffalo - grew up in the Tonawandas and Williamsville - which store do you buy for?

Reebok really missed the boat not selling he authentic WC's when they had a chance and even now. I thought they were in the business to make money?

I think they would have sold out easily.

Let us know what other jerseys you're having made up, I'm always good to

add a some more Sabres to my collection.

I want to have the WCs made in authentic, but can't justify the cost of having them made (I need to order 360+ to get these made, that's alot of money tied up in something that would take years to sell through)

The WC was the main one, but again only as a replica "Premier", since they cost about $100 less to make than the authentic