Goof off

flyhighguys94

Yo ###### goof off...it just ruined my scott neidermayer ducks jersey. Ive read on here that it works wonders but i goofed off :blink: I didnt put anything in between the front and back of the jersey and what had happened was..it looks like the glue came loose under the 27 on the back and it nows look like dirt on the numbers..is there anyway to fix this?

I tried washing it twice. Its a lost cause i think. Its not too bad but obviously being a serious collector it drives me nuts. It was used on the front to remove the glue residue from the C i took off because it wasnt right. The left over glue was killing me so i heard goof off was good. It is a serious chemical and i messed up i guess.

sorry to hear about the Goof Off goofing up your sweater sir. :(

RIP Neid's

Thanks dude i will prolly just wear the jersey when i skate or something. Im just gonna buy a gamer from beckett media eventually. The ducks are my favorite jerseys.

I tried washing it twice. Its a lost cause i think. Its not too bad but obviously being a serious collector it drives me nuts. It was used on the front to remove the glue residue from the C i took off because it wasnt right. The left over glue was killing me so i heard goof off was good. It is a serious chemical and i messed up i guess.

I tried the same thing on my Brunette Wild 3rd. I took the alternate "A" off and used goof off. The goof off help a little, but not a lot. It's really not that noticeable unless you are really looking.

I tried the same thing on my Brunette Wild 3rd. I took the alternate "A" off and used goof off. The goof off help a little, but not a lot. It's really not that noticeable unless you are really looking.

Did it mess anything else up? It didnt do a single thing on the glue residue but it jacked up the back numbers.

Did it mess anything else up? It didnt do a single thing on the glue residue but it jacked up the back numbers.

Nope. I had no problems. But I was trying to be careful.

I just should have put an old shirt in between the front and the back. The more i look at it its not that bad. Oh well. Good earning lesson.

it's a tough lesson to learn but it happens to the best of us. I scraped an Ovechkin white Capitals using goof-off, I got careless and the stuff made the crest bleed and discolored the white to the point where I just threw it in the garbage and picked up my red Capitals to replace it.

it's a tough lesson to learn but it happens to the best of us. I scraped an Ovechkin white Capitals using goof-off, I got careless and the stuff made the crest bleed and discolored the white to the point where I just threw it in the garbage and picked up my red Capitals to replace it.

Ya ill keep it around...luckily its the black jersey so it is only on the back 2...hopefully by us posting about my mistake in here other people wont make the same mistake. Goof off is seriously strong.

Goof-Off: "With great power comes great responsibility"

The chemical is wonderful for getting glue residue off, but it is indiscriminate on what it will dissolve, included colors on crests and any other glued on items on the jersey. I almost had a horror story myself with goof off. I had my jersey on my work bench, which has some dried paint on it. I forgot to put something in between the bench surface and the jersey. Sprayed it with goof off, and it dissolved the paint, allowing to get on the back of my jersey. Luckily I was able to use yet more goof off to clean the paint off before it dried. Close call...

Im just mad because after all that it still didnt remove the glue lol. Just my luck

Have you visited their site and read this?

http://www.goofoffstainremover.com/cleaning/how-remove-glue

Also, have you tried acetone? With a combination of using acetone followed by water you should pretty much be able to remove any glue, adhesive, etc. It might take some effort and scrubbing, but it can be done. B)

It should say "WILL RUIN YOUR NIEDERMAYER JERSEY KURT, BE CAREFUL"..i would have saw that and been alerted, but in all seriousness now that i look at my jersey the numbers didnt get messed up too much. No biggy.