Koho Replica Differences

DropkickMurphy8

So I just picked up a second Koho Liberty jersey today, and it's a completely different material from my Lindros. The Lindros I know is very soft, while the blank is rough, almost like mesh. Even the tags are different, so naturally I'm curious and I'm wondering what year(s) the blank is from - I know I can turn the blank into a Messier, but I'd also like to slap the Rangers 75th anni patch on it if it's from 00-01.

Here's a side by side: Note that the jersey on the left has the Koho logo on the sleeve, while the one on the right does not

IMG_0257.jpg

Here's the neck tags on the Lindros: Made in Korea?

IMG_0266.jpg

Neck tags on the blank:

IMG_0272.jpg

Next is a closeup of the area around the crest on the Lindros - I know from posting on here that it's an air-knit jersey

IMG_0267.jpg

Crest area on the blank: Mesh?

IMG_0269.jpg

Also, the KOHO patch on the back of the Lindros is thick and sewn to the jersey. The KOHO patch on the blank is thin and heat pressed. Not sure on the differences or what years either of them are from.

That is the first Koho jersey i have seen that isn't made in Canada.

The one made in Canada is correct

That is the first Koho jersey i have seen that isn't made in Canada.

The one made in Canada is correct

I have no doubt that the Lindros is a legit replica. I purchased it from a reputable retailer who only deals in hockey equipment and jerseys, with over 40 years in the industry. I'm not concerned with it being a knockoff, just curious. Any particular years that the Koho jerseys were made in Canada? Would I be safe putting a Rangers 75th patch on that? I'm more concerned with the differences in feel, the lack of the Koho logo on the sleeve of the Korea-made jersey and whether I could put the team 75th patch on the blank.

One is made in Korea, the other was a product of Canada.

Have you considered changing your username to Captain Obvious? :D

Here's a couple more pics to help figure out what's what.

KOHO patch on the back of the Lindros:

IMG_0276.jpg

KOHO Patch on the back of the blank:

IMG_0278.jpg

Shoulder patch on the Lindros, which is more embroidery than a patch:

IMG_0277.jpg

Shoulder patch on the blank:

IMG_0279.jpg

I'll get pics of the crests in a bit.

i doubt you can slap a Rangers 75th patch on.

They put it on the shoulder, replacing one of the shoulder patches.

It is 100% impossible to take out patches on a replicas, cause CCM/KOHO used a heat press machine to press on the shoulder patches.

i doubt you can slap a Rangers 75th patch on.

They put it on the shoulder, replacing one of the shoulder patches.

It is 100% impossible to take out patches on a replicas, cause CCM/KOHO used a heat press machine to press on the shoulder patches.

Ok, so much for that. I wasn't sure about correct placement for the 75th anni patch on that jersey, now I know. I wouldn't even attempt to take a patch off a Liberty jersey, so that's fine. I'll still make it a Messier.

Have you considered changing your username to Captain Obvious? :D

The funny thing is that you didn't realize it :thumbsup:

They were made in two different factories which probably explains the differences you see

The funny thing is that you didn't realize it :thumbsup:

They were made in two different factories which probably explains the differences you see

Actually I did notice it, but if nobody's ever seen a Koho jersey made in Korea before, I'm curious.

Actually I did notice it, but if nobody's ever seen a Koho jersey made in Korea before, I'm curious.

My initial thought was a fake, but it looks pretty legit. Also, I have a Florida Panthers blue KOHO that is that "meshy material" and made in Korea. I got that jersey 9 years ago.

Is it possible it was supposed to be a Starter jersey and they changed production to make it a KOHO? My Panthers jersey looks like a Starter.

My initial thought was a fake, but it looks pretty legit. Also, I have a Florida Panthers blue KOHO that is that "meshy material" and made in Korea. I got that jersey 9 years ago.

Is it possible it was supposed to be a Starter jersey and they changed production to make it a KOHO? My Panthers jersey looks like a Starter.

That's an interesting question. I doubt that though, since for the year between Starter and CCM/KOHO, Pro Player was used. I know Starter was bought out by Nike in '04, but I have no idea what happened to them before that.

That's an interesting question. I doubt that though, since for the year between Starter and CCM/KOHO, Pro Player was used. I know Starter was bought out by Nike in '04, but I have no idea what happened to them before that.

I was looking at my Panthers jersey and the crest is stitched on. I have never seen that on a CCM/KOHO replica.

I was looking at my Panthers jersey and the crest is stitched on. I have never seen that on a CCM/KOHO replica.

Interesting. I've seen CCM/KOHO jerseys where crests and/or patches have borders on them to sew them on, like the blank I posted, but I've never actually seen them for sale that way. Only Stater. I guess anything is possible, maybe somebody on here will have the answer.