Reebok Premiere Minor League Replicas

I'm curious to know if there is any difference in the Reebok Premiere replica jerseys for minor league teams from the NHL teams....are they made better? The reason I ask is because a local USHL team here sells Premiere replica's and they are fully stitched and much nicer material (more like the Edge) compared to the NHL replicas. I'm curious as to if this is consistent up through the different levels or if this is just a rare instance of a team making a nicer replica. Hopefully my question makes sense!

My wife and I have a blast at the games. There are also some great talent in the league. However, to keep it a little on topic, I remember checking out the Rockford Icehogs premier jerseys last year and they looked like better quality than the Blackhawks premier jersey I own. The SP ones that Dubuque uses are basically the on ice ones without double elbows and fight strap. They are basically the same quality.

The replicas that Reebok makes for the AHL and the CHL jr. leagues are different from the NHL premieres in the following ways: made in Canada instead of Asia, no jock tag, slightly thinner body material, no vector on the sleeve, and shoulder patches are 2D glued-screen printed twill. Crests are glued on. No patches are sewn on, all glued.

The replicas that Reebok makes for the AHL and the CHL jr. leagues are different from the NHL premieres in the following ways: made in Canada instead of Asia, no jock tag, slightly thinner body material, no vector on the sleeve, and shoulder patches are 2D glued-screen printed twill. Crests are glued on. No patches are sewn on, all glued.

The USHL must do it a little different, I've now seen 3 replica USHL jersey's that feature sewn crests. Thanks for the answer!

The USHL must do it a little different, I've now seen 3 replica USHL jersey's that feature sewn crests. Thanks for the answer!

Where are these jerseys made? They may not be the Edge/Premere style, they could be the 6100/550 style. And if they are Edge/Premiere, they may be making the Premiere's in Korea, in which case they probably would be sewn. Reeebok used some suppliers in Korea to make 550's a few years back, along with their Canadian suppliers, before switching all NHL replica work to Indonesia. Where they are made might be the answer. Also, IIRC Athletic Knit makes jerseys for some USHL teams, also SP apparel may do some and don't forget Nike for the US Junior National Team.

Where are these jerseys made? They may not be the Edge/Premere style, they could be the 6100/550 style. And if they are Edge/Premiere, they may be making the Premiere's in Korea, in which case they probably would be sewn. Reeebok used some suppliers in Korea to make 550's a few years back, along with their Canadian suppliers, before switching all NHL replica work to Indonesia. Where they are made might be the answer. Also, IIRC Athletic Knit makes jerseys for some USHL teams, also SP apparel may do some and don't forget Nike for the US Junior National Team.

Not a clue since I don't own one..I'll check that out next time I go...they're certainly reebok since they have the name littered on the front and they are Edge cut/shaped.

Not a clue since I don't own one..I'll check that out next time I go...they're certainly reebok since they have the name littered on the front and they are Edge cut/shaped.

Please let us know. This is interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

So at last nights game I did some research and got the step son a jersey.... their "replicas" are actually Edge 1.0 material and there is no fight strap. The youth jersey is the same story, 1.0 material, no fight strap the crest is same as the authentic crest and sewn down. I'm impressed, the NHL should take note..

100_1351.jpg

Wow, interesting. How were they sized, M/L/XL/XXL, or 46/50/52/54/56? If all replica jerseys were like that it would be great, just like the days of the nice Starter and ProPlayer jerseys, and the CCM 550's from 2003-06.

Normal sizing...S,M,L ect

Hmm, very interesting. So this means that Reebok makes a different type of jersey for the USHL teams they supply. I would like to see this make it's way to the NHL, AHL, and Canadian Hockey League to replace the replica jerseys they sell for those leagues. Thanks for following up.

Yup, and the kids jersey cost me $30 to boot. The replicas are missing the shoulder patches but with how crappy the NHL replica shoulder patches are anyway I'd be willing to make that sacrifice for an overall better jersey. One thing to note is not all teams use Reebok at the USHL level, there's still some that use SP, Athetic Kniit ect. Either way, I think if Reebok wants to start combating the fakes they should try and make a better product at less price.