nameplate help

klam23

Hey guys, I thought I would finally admit that I don't know much about nameplates. What are the different types and do replicas from different jersey eras use different nameplates because my Koho Leaf ones are twill while my two Sharks ones are airknit I think? The two Premier jerseys I got done at MLL use twill which I assume isn't correct but doesn't bother me.

Also does anyone know what the Authentic Nike NHL jerseys used? Specifically the Sharks. I bought the one sold by Nathan and would like to turn it into Marleau's rookie jersey but I want to make sure everything is right on this one. Would Vintage Minnesota sell it?

Thanks guys.

Hey guys, I thought I would finally admit that I don't know much about nameplates. What are the different types and do replicas from different jersey eras use different nameplates because my Koho Leaf ones are twill while my two Sharks ones are airknit I think? The two Premier jerseys I got done at MLL use twill which I assume isn't correct but doesn't bother me.

Also does anyone know what the Authentic Nike NHL jerseys used? Specifically the Sharks. I bought the one sold by Nathan and would like to turn it into Marleau's rookie jersey but I want to make sure everything is right on this one. Would Vintage Minnesota sell it?

Thanks guys.

Twill is very rarely used by teams for nameplates. The Jets back in the early 90's were the only team to use twill but that stopped once they moved to Phoenix. Right now I think the Flyers are using twill on some of there jerseys but I'm not 100% sure. Other then that everybody else uses jersey matching material for the nameplates. A lot of customizers use twill because they don't have the jersey material available to them so that's what they use instead.

The Shark Nike's used matching air knit for the nameplate. Nike's air-knit was a little different from CCM/RBK air-knit so you have to make sure you are getting the Nike air-knit for the nameplate. Yes, Vintage Minnesota has the correct Nike air-knit as that's where I got my piece from.

Were generally the CCM and Koho replicas from the early 2000's twill nameplates though?

Also thanks for clearing up my initial question. Much appreciated good sir