Random Jersey Thread

NYIJM29

If the Mods want to move it, you can move it, but I don't think there is a thread like this one. I am envisioning a thread where we can talk about anything jersey related. Wheter it be what you are considering to buy and want input, prices, GW/GI, whatever.

For example, I'll start.

I just was talking to the Isles about buying the Wiz's GI jersey and a practice jersey. Besides being blown off for 3 days, I get an email back with the prices of the practice jerseys. It is $295 for a PRACTICE jersey!!! I was tempted to send them a link to MeiGray's website. They also sold the Wiz jersey already.

EDIT: No offense to anybody living in NJ with the sub-title! :fight::thumbsup:

Haha. My US history teacher last year would always make fun of New Jersey and Mississippi. Do you watch SNL? Ever see the one with Dave Patterson?

Not 100% sure to post this, so I am taking advantage of this new thread.

I need a little bit of advice.

Im looking to get all 3 Reebok 6100 jersey customized with Richards on them. During the 2006-2007 year Richards was not a full time alternate captain but he did wear the A on occasion when normal alternate captains got hurt. So my question is should I get the A put on his jersey because he did wear it at times even though he wasn't a full time alternate captain.

As well, I found a picture of him wearing it on the white jersey (as seen in the picture) but not in the black and alternate jerseys. Should I get the A on those jerseys as well, or just on the white jersey.

Thanks!

richards.jpg

EDIT- Found a picture of Richards wearing the A on the black jersey but not yet on the alternate

Did Richards ever wear the C in the 6100 cut?

Sportsk.com has them for $165: http://www.sportsk.com/reebok-authentic-hockey-jerseys.html

Nope he was named captain the second year after they switched to the Edge design.

And they also have a Timonen 6100 Flyers jersey on that site. He never wore that jersey with the Flyers

anyone know if sportsk does tflyers customization right?

Judging by those jerseys in the link that NYIJM29 posted, I would say no.

The current Flyers orange jersey is one of the hardest jerseys to get done correctly. I have never seen one done correctly outside of the game worn jerseys. But apparently the Skate Zone does it right

The reason those are on sale is because they were ordered by customers and never shipped out (probably an order cancellation). I know of people who ordered from there and were content (they ordered Isles jerseys, not Flyers).

yeah i stick to Skate Zone for my flyers

picking up a few in the coming weeks...

maybe its time for Nodl & Powe to come into my vast collection

or maybe Betts too

Id hold off on the Nodl and Powe until the off season. Both are RFA's and its quite possible one or the other may not be back, especially with Leino needing a new contract which is more important than Nodl or Powe. My guess would be Nodl would be back for sure

I am going to take a seam ripper to my Roli jersey now. Hopefully Poulin changes to the number 30. Actually, I am going to keep it a Roli until a "30" comes along.

*Roloson was traded to Tampa Bay for Ty Wishart. At least he is an actual prospect, not a pick lol. http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2011/01/dwayne-roloson-to-tampa-bayd-prospect-ty-wishart-return-for-islanders/

Id hold off on the Nodl and Powe until the off season. Both are RFA's and its quite possible one or the other may not be back, especially with Leino needing a new contract which is more important than Nodl or Powe. My guess would be Nodl would be back for sure

ehh idc if their not back... i have a zherdev jersey... Im waiting to pick up a Emery jersey over at SZ, it dosent bother me if they only play for a year (or less than) and are gone... i like both players...

ehh idc if their not back... i have a zherdev jersey... Im waiting to pick up a Emery jersey over at SZ, it dosent bother me if they only play for a year (or less than) and are gone... i like both players...

You have a Zherdev jersey?!?! Is it a replica or authentic?

Thats quite the bold move

i mostly only get replicas... most of the authentics i got i didnt even know they were authentics until i got em...

What other jerseys do you have?

You have any webshots of your collection?

i gotta make a webshots

i have 200+ jerseys

some i still have yeyt to picture and willg et around to it

I have at least one jersey from Every NHL team except for the Devils... they are the only team I will never get...

most of my collection is Flyers jerseys though... I bleed orange..

i have a good chunk of the current team in jersey form...

Richards, Briere, Leino, Timonen, Pronger (fake i got suckered), Giroux, Carcillo

soon to get Meszaros, Hartnell, Powe, Betts, Nodl, Bobrovsky Carter

anyone know if sportsk does tflyers customization right?

They couldn't even do my basic single color white numbers customization right, was horrible.

I order jerseys from them, but get the lettering done elsewhere.

i gotta make a webshots

i have 200+ jerseys

some i still have yeyt to picture and willg et around to it

I have at least one jersey from Every NHL team except for the Devils... they are the only team I will never get...

most of my collection is Flyers jerseys though... I bleed orange..

i have a good chunk of the current team in jersey form...

Richards, Briere, Leino, Timonen, Pronger (fake i got suckered), Giroux, Carcillo

soon to get Meszaros, Hartnell, Powe, Betts, Nodl, Bobrovsky Carter

Sounds like a pretty sweet collection you got there!

I have a new authentic road jersey and a 2.0 road jersey from last year out both getting customized with Richards

Yeah I have a fake Carter jersey. It sucks, I didn't know of fake jerseys at the time and now the jersey sits in the back corner of my closet most likely to never come out again

well i knew of fake jerseys... i paid like $90 for it ... come to find out it wasnt the jersey pictured on craigslist...

tbh... i have seen some SOMEWHAT PASSABLE meaning not that good looking but at first glance could pass.

but this ones disgusting!

I am envisioning a thread where we can talk about anything jersey related. Wheter it be what you are considering to buy and want input, prices, GW/GI, whatever.

Talking about anything jersey related is what this entire forum is about. If you want input on prices or whatever, just make a new thread for your discussion rather than one big, meandering thread that gets cluttered with overlapping topics.

It will make keeping track of the discussion you are interested in much easier as well as being able to search for old threads that deal with specific topics you want to relocate.

Thanks,

Jeff