Random Question

Callanisiminsky

Alright, so I have family in for the holidays from Ohio and one of them brought me a CBJ replica Vermette jersey, which is above and beyond any gift I expected from them and for which I am truly grateful. The only thing is, while I'm pretty certain the jersey itself is a regular replica (and almost positive the jersey was purchased at the stadium in Columbus) the numbers and lettering are like a vinyl iron-on material and not even iron on twill. It's a little too fake for my tastes, because I'm a nut about this stuff and I was wondering:

a.) If anyone knows for certain if this is a normal replica because I never knew this kind of customization was even offered for premier replicas.

b.) If I could remove it and have it redone with twill; I'd do Vermette and keep everything as is, just get more legit material.

Anyone have any kind of experience with this kind of lettering? I'm really wowed that they even spent as much as they did to get me a jersey, but being a collector and a hockey nut, I am kind of bothered by the vinyl material. Would love to make it more official.

I'm actually curious about this as well, I picked up a Patrick Kane jersey from a friend for $40 with the same kind of lettering, and I'd like to remove that lettering and re-customize it with Versteeg 32 on it.

I know EPS does the stripping and re-customization (exclusivepro.com). They've stripped jerseys for me and you can't even tell anything was there.