Does your collection have a theme?

JeffB

Well, I started by just collecting a few replica jerseys of my favorite players, and, well, its kind of turned into a hobby now :thumbsup:

All of my jerseys are Red Wings. I have several replicas that I wear to games, and I'm starting to collect authentic jerseys from their cup wins in 97,98,02, and 08. However, at this point, its just a hodge podge of jerseys sporting the Winged Wheel.

I believe it was Kathyville!

edit: just saw brilliant's post, just also iterating I remember cathyville too. not splitting hairs on spelling!

though on that note, how many of you would give up your collection because your girlfriend or wife (or... and!?) puts down an ultimatum?

edit: just saw brilliant's post, just also iterating I remember cathyville too. not splitting hairs on spelling!

though on that note, how many of you would give up your collection because your girlfriend or wife (or... and!?) puts down an ultimatum?

Tough question, I haven't come across anybody yet who I'd give them up for. So I think even in the future I wouldn't be able too.

My girlfriend and I live together. As long as she buys new Coach purses every year and has a closet full of shoes (literally), she can't say anything about a few jerseys :D

That being said, she does make fun of me for my bobbleheads... they got demoted to the "Red Wings Room" in the basement.

Whenever wives freak about the cost of a jersey at the Twins stadium where I work, I always fire back with "That's the price of a purse or a pair of shoes." It works about once out of ever four times, but being in the midwest, people can be pretty cheap, especially in this economy.

My wife's ok with it because when she sees I got a new jersey it's an excuse for her to go buy a new pair of shoes or purse or whatever.

no no...you just have to make sure after you throw down for your addition to YOUR collection, you have enough to add to her collection :lol: