ECHL

lafountain

Just bought my tickets to opening night. Get to see them raise the Kelly Cup banner. Still thinking of sending my wifes Steelheads jersey up to icejerseys to be customized as a Christmas gift for her.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to another game last night and saw the Steelheads play the Bakersfield Condors, this was my first time ever seeing the Condors but I really liked their jerseys. The only thing I didn't really like was the word Bakersfield written on the bottom of the shirt, but other than that it looked really good.

Bakersfield.jpg

They take off that wordmark, that's a really sharp jersey. I've been trying to get my mom to send my Mississippi Sea Wolves out to me, but so far no luck. Its awesome they make their return this season after having operations suspended for two seasons following Hurricane Katrina.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok everybody...Opening weekend is this weekend!!!!

Who all is going to their team's opening night game.

I am going to opening night for my Gwinnett Gladiators

Ok everybody...Opening weekend is this weekend!!!!

Who all is going to their team's opening night game.

I am going to opening night for my Gwinnett Gladiators

I will be there Friday night when the Steelheads raise Kelly Cup Banner #2.

Well the season got off to a rough start for Idaho. First the Kelly Cup Banner got stuck when they were trying to unveil it. Then around 2 minutes into the game they gave up their first goal, though they later tied it in the first. Then they went on to lose in OT 2-1. Good game other than the outcome. Hopefully the stuck banner isn't a sign of the season to come though they did get it unstuck during the first intermission.

Gwinnett looks great this year. We opened up 2-0 beating Pensacola twice. This weekend we will make it 4-0 by killing the Disgusta Stynx (Augusta Lynx) and the Reading Royals. We also play Reding next Tuesday.

• 1 month later...

Went to the Steelheads game tonight vs the Fresno Falcons but was wearing my University of Vermont jersey since Brady Leisenring went to UVM and plays for Fresno. Unfortunately Fresno won, but before the game started Brady saw me in my Vermont jersey and waved and smiled. After the game he pointed at me and waved me over to the Fresno entry/exit ramp area, went over there and we talked for a few minutes. Thought it was kind of cool how it all went down.

Went to the Steelheads game tonight vs the Fresno Falcons but was wearing my University of Vermont jersey since Brady Leisenring went to UVM and plays for Fresno. Unfortunately Fresno won, but before the game started Brady saw me in my Vermont jersey and waved and smiled. After the game he pointed at me and waved me over to the Fresno entry/exit ramp area, went over there and we talked for a few minutes. Thought it was kind of cool how it all went down.

That's a cool story! Its one of the things I grew to like about the minors that you don't get from the NHL experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Not the greatest picture, but here are the pictures of the All-Star jerseys for this years ECHL All-Star game.

8e95a27d99f188c8360cfc8ed8fdf931.200.jpg

Here is a better picture.

L-R%20Home%20Jersey%20Visitor%20Jersey%201.jpg

Those are nice...a lot better than last year's.

One question, though. Which one is which conference?

Last years were pretty good too.

As for the other question, I haven't seen anything actually stating it but the Thunder's proshop is selling the black one. So I would guess that the black one is the National Conference. Then again I might be wrong since in the ECHL the home team wears white.

In other words, I have no idea. :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

So a short while ago I bought my wife an Authentic Dallas Stars jersey since she wanted one for the trip we were planning but now are not taking. She had no idea who she wanted on it, but then I saw this http://www.idahosteelheads.com/news/articl...x?articleid=613

I am thinking of getting her favorite Steelhead put on her Stars jersey. Anyone else think this would be a cool idea?

So a short while ago I bought my wife an Authentic Dallas Stars jersey since she wanted one for the trip we were planning but now are not taking. She had no idea who she wanted on it, but then I saw this http://www.idahosteelheads.com/news/articl...x?articleid=613

I am thinking of getting her favorite Steelhead put on her Stars jersey. Anyone else think this would be a cool idea?

That is a cool idea! That'd be a good route to go.

• 4 months later...

2008 Kelley Cup Finals underway tonight as well.

The Cincinnati Cyclones (Montreal and Nashville affiliate) vs the Las Vegas Wranglers (Calgary affiliate)

Cincinnati wins game 1 4-2. Cincinnati is trying to become only the 3rd team in ECHL history to win the Regular Season title as well as the Kelley Cup.

Woo!!! I live in the Greater Cincinnati area and I was there last night rootin' on my Cyclones! Game 2 is tonight and I'll again be in attendance.

LET'S GO CYCLONES!!

Woo!!! I live in the Greater Cincinnati area and I was there last night rootin' on my Cyclones! Game 2 is tonight and I'll again be in attendance.

LET'S GO CYCLONES!!

wow i had no idea the 'clones were doing so well again. i work in cincy and live across the river and frankly i thought hockey in cincy was on the skids again. last time i went to a 'clones game, it was then i was still working for the university of kentucky's hockey team and we were playing against UC after cyclones game about 3 years back and the crowd turn out for the cyclone's game was horrible.

hopefully the cyclone's success and hopefully eventual title will give some good attention to hockey in cincy and give folks something other than bengal's players legal incidents to talk about.

Ugh. The defense was good on both sides tonight. A rebound goal with 5 minutes to go and a lack of a good power play (for the first time in a long time) killed the Cyclones. I dunno, it could have been due to playing back to backs.

akteon -- I also live across the river. I thought I was the only Ranger fan in Northern KY!

akteon -- I also live across the river. I thought I was the only Ranger fan in Northern KY!

Heck it's hard enough to find hockey fans in this area, let alone Rangers fans.

WOO!!! Cyclones explode for a 3-goal 2nd period to erase a 2-0 lead and add an empty-netter to win 4-2. David Desharnais had 3 points and Cedrick Desjardins had 26 saves for the win. Game 4 is tomorrow night in Vegas. LET'S GO CYCLONES!!

Series tied 2-2 meaning the Cyclones will atleast play another home game at US Bank arena regardless of the result of tomorrow night's game in Vegas.

Dr. D, how was the turn out for the Cyclones first 2 playoff games in Cincy?

Announced attendance at the two games in Cincy.

Game 1: 8676

Game 2: 6897

Attendance in Vegas

Game 3: 6713

Game 4: 7703

Looks like it has been a good series so far. Hope the Cyclones can pull it off.

Cyclones won Game 5 4-0 to take a 3-2 series lead.

Cedrick Desjardins has had 2 really good seasons in a row for the Cyclones, gotta wonder if he is gonna get a chance at the AHL level next season.