Fastest Skater Of All - Time

Oates

Not agility or quickness, but burning the candle at both ends full stride.

Is it Gartner? Think he still holds the all star record.

Not agility or quickness, but burning the candle at both ends full stride.

Is it Gartner? Think he still holds the all star record.

my vote is Sergei Fedorov.

He always won the AS contest

I think Gartner has the all-time in the All-star competition, but I think there are some non all-stars that have beat his record with their teams competitions.

I believe Matthew Lombardi beat it when he was a flame.

my vote is Sergei Fedorov.

He always won the AS contest

Or Pavel Bure, when there is a puck in front of him.

Or Pavel Bure, when there is a puck in front of him.

Bure could beat a greyhound to a steak. Don't know if he was faster than Gartner but his 0 to 60 was amazing.

Some other speed demons: Sanderson, Cogliano, Gaborik, Kapanen, Bondra. That Orr guy was pretty speedy too ^_^

Wonder how those speed skaters would match up without those funny skates.

Back in like 1995 or 1996. Theo Fleury raced Catrina le may doan at the Olympic Oval. It was live on the news and everything.

Fleury got destroyed, but she was in the speed skates.

Bure could beat a greyhound to a steak. Don't know if he was faster than Gartner but his 0 to 60 was amazing.

Some other speed demons: Sanderson, Cogliano, Gaborik, Kapanen, Bondra. That Orr guy was pretty speedy too ^_^

Wonder how those speed skaters would match up without those funny skates.

good call on sanderson, a lesser known speedster.

Mogilny was lights out fast, Russ Courtnall was ridiculously fast , Paul Coffey could Fly but the fatest in my opinion is the Pavel Bure the man was known as the ROCKET AFTER ALL!

Mogilny was lights out fast, Russ Courtnall was ridiculously fast , Paul Coffey could Fly but the fatest in my opinion is the Pavel Bure the man was known as the ROCKET AFTER ALL!

I thought he was called the Russian Rocket for comparisons to Maurice Richard.....

And i thought Maurice was called the Rocket cause of his goal scoring capabilities....and french translations are always humourous

• 3 weeks later...

Well definitely not one of the fastest of all time, but recently Martin St. Louis is known as a pretty fast skater. He can pretty much stop on a dime if he has to. He's probably not nearly as fast as some of the guys mentioned above, but I just thought I would mention him.

Kapanen COULD FLY (Sami) ... i remember a playoff game against toronto puck gets dumped into ML's zone Sami comes FLYING up and goes to hit a ML player whos trying to touch the puck up for icing and Sami SMASHED into the boards doing lke 90! lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Chara! :lol:

nah more realistically, Bure and Mogilny were pretty fast.

Chara dosen't race you.

He just crushes you and walks to the finish line.

When I was a kid, all my coaches told me that Paul Coffey was both the fastest and the best.

When he was in Jersey and used to come to play at the Bell Centre, I used to marvel at Gionta's speed. It seems much less obvious now that I watch all his games.

I feel like Paul Kariya deserves to be on this list as well!

Not in the NHL yet, but Chris Kreider can absolutely fly. While watching the world juniors last year I was in awe of how fast this kid is.

All time I'd be tempted to say Sami Kapanen.