To Fix My Customization or Not?

Super_Mario_66

Hey guys, I just got my Avs jersey customized at EPS and noticed that the "A" is about an inch or so off of where its supposed to be. It should be more toward the left chest area as opposed to nearly under the collar. What do you all think? Am I being too picky about this or should I send back to get fixed? Feedback is appreciated.

BTW, sorry for the bad quality pics, my camera broke and I had to use my phone.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1f7f5a5dfb.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d59a17b054.jpg

Edited by Super_Mario_66

Hey guys, I just got my Avs jersey customized at EPS and noticed that the "A" is about an inch or so off of where its supposed to be. It should be more toward the left chest area as opposed to nearly under the collar. What do you all think? Am I being too picky about this or should I send back to get fixed? Feedback is appreciated.

BTW, sorry for the bad quality pics, my camera broke and I had to use my phone.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1f7f5a5dfb.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d59a17b054.jpg

If it was my jersey, I would be sending it back. I would also send them a pic of a game worn jersey as a reference on how it should look. But first, I would contact them and fill them in on what the issue is.

If it was my jersey, I would be sending it back. I would also send them a pic of a game worn jersey as a reference on how it should look. But first, I would contact them and fill them in on what the issue is.

Thanks. I've e-mailed them about the problem and sent pics of the jersey along with game jersey pics as reference. I'm hoping they will fix it without charging me any extra.

I would think that EPS would do the right thing. I really haven't heard anything bad from them. I have also had some work done by them, and they usually do a great job.

I'd be shocked if they charged you for it. They are customizing my Tretiak jersey for the third time now because they keep making the letters too big, and I've only paid for it once. I talked to them about it over the phone last week to tell them exactly what the problem is, they're pretty nice about it. He even told me he'd email me a picture of what they come up with before they sew the nameplate on. I don't know why they keep making the letters incorrectly since I keep sending a picture of a game worn jersey, but oh well at least they aren't charging me again or telling me that it's close enough.

Frankly I think there's an issue with that jersey - the crest seems very very high compared to the bottom point of the v-collar. If you didn't provide reference shots at the start for EPS, then the likely tried to do what they thought was best. With as high as the crest is on that jersey, it looks like they moved it up and to the right to clear the shoulder stripes. The truth is the gamers vary wildly:

9697_foote52_h_front.jpg0001_forsberg21_h_front.jpg0102_blake4_h_front.jpg

You're right. The crest on my jersey does differ than examples you provided. There seems to be a lot of inconsistancies with the Starter jerseys whether it be sizing or now to the centering of the crest. It's a shame because these mesh jerseys are awesome.

I do think there still is enough room to move the "A" to where its supposed to be without sewing any of it onto the jersey stripes. Hopefully the customer service is as good as some say.

Thanks for all the feedback.

They are. I had about 3 nameplates shipped to me for my LA '86 jersey (it had to be custom made and extra long) before they got the right one. Was only charged once. When I inquired about a mistake on the Team USA jersey they customized for me via USAhockey.com they were informative and made sure I was confident I did not have the wrong material on my jersey.

Just an update. I contacted EPS about my concerns over the placement of the "A" on the jersey. They said that because there are no specifics as where it should be placed on the jersey other than on the left or right side of the chest that no error was done on their part. They did agree to fix free of charge to my specifactions(I pay shipping costs).

Let's hope it looks better the 2nd time.

Just an update. I contacted EPS about my concerns over the placement of the "A" on the jersey. They said that because there are no specifics as where it should be placed on the jersey other than on the left or right side of the chest that no error was done on their part. They did agree to fix free of charge to my specifactions(I pay shipping costs).

Let's hope it looks better the 2nd time.

Based on where the crest is, I don't see how they can place it any better. If you move it to the right you'll have to lower it to avoid the shoulder stripe and it'll be too close to the crest.

I agree. The problem with your jersey is the crest is too high up and therefore limiting the space where the A could be placed. Compare your jersey to the gamers posted and you can see the crest is an inch or 2 higher on your jersey.

I agree with the opinion that the crest is too high up on the jersey to make a difference.

Just for future reference, do any of you know the measurements of what the v-neck to the crest is supposed to be?

It's tough sometimes, and this is a good example of how retail jerseys can differ from team issued jerseys, authentic or replica. It's common in jerseys with crowded shoulder areas, like the Avs with the diagonal striping in that area or Washington Caps with the wings at the top of the screaming Eagle logo not leaving proper room for A's and C's.

One thing you need to do, and I cannot stress this enough, is to supply photos of what you expect.

I don't send in ANYTHING, no matter how simple or straightforward it seems, without one of these.

IslandersFerraro.jpg

Based on where the crest is, I don't see how they can place it any better. If you move it to the right you'll have to lower it to avoid the shoulder stripe and it'll be too close to the crest.

Just by eye I think they could move the A down and right a bit, to give it some more room from the neck and end up with something closer to the Foote gamer Akt posted:

9697_foote52_h_front.jpg

Won't be a huge difference but still might be preferable?