Reebok Premier neck tags

klam23

Hey, I was just wondering if all the Reebok third jerseys have a different tagging than on the regular Home and Away ones. I ordered a Blackhawks home one and it came in today and I noticed the tagging was different from my Sharks third.

By the way, I've noticed a decent amount of hate on the Premiers. I'm curious to know why that is.

Do you have pictures or a better description of what's different on the next tags? I know at one point Reebok started moving away from the "RBK" wordmark and now uses "Reebok" more often.

As for the Premier hate, for me it's a lack of quality. They are much more thin and flimsy compared to older CCM/RBK 550 replicas. The other big issue is the screened shoulder patches. I have many friends that aren't jersey hounds like me and I have no problem giving them CCM 550 replicas as they don't think the upgrade to an authentic is worth the price, but most if not all of them have seen the Premier's in person and think they look and feel cheap.

Do you have pictures or a better description of what's different on the next tags? I know at one point Reebok started moving away from the "RBK" wordmark and now uses "Reebok" more often.

As for the Premier hate, for me it's a lack of quality. They are much more thin and flimsy compared to older CCM/RBK 550 replicas. The other big issue is the screened shoulder patches. I have many friends that aren't jersey hounds like me and I have no problem giving them CCM 550 replicas as they don't think the upgrade to an authentic is worth the price, but most if not all of them have seen the Premier's in person and think they look and feel cheap.

Agreed about them looking cheep. Although, I ordered a Premier in January and put it through the paces (every day wear, Skating 5-6 times a week, and some hockey). The ###### thing held up pretty good. One of the down falls is they snag really easy. They do wick sweat very well, but I wish that the patches where sewn on, instead of heat pressed. And, as akteon pointed out, they have some cheap Arse shoulder patches. If they incorporated the older 550 style patches on them, they wouldn't be that bad.

I can understand the quality issue especially with the shoulder patches. They are quite lame but in terms of the fabric, I find the Premiers more comfortable. My Koho and CCM replicas are heavy and feel stiff as if it was sandpaper rubbing on my skin!! (alright that's an exaggeration) They're also too baggy in my mind. The Premiers feel better and fit much better but I guess to each their own. I can see your point with them feeling cheap but at the same time, I think the hate is a bit undeserved.

Anyway! haha back on the topic. Here are the neck tags. Do all third jerseys have the Reebok ones while the home and away have the Rbk ones?

p1020352h.jpg

Anyway! haha back on the topic. Here are the neck tags. Do all third jerseys have the Reebok ones while the home and away have the Rbk ones?

p1020352h.jpg

They are different because Reebok changed from the vector logo on your Hawks jersey to the wordmark logo that is on your Sharks jersey after their "merger" with adidas. They only thing they haven't changed over to the wordmark are the vector logos on the visible parts of the jersey when they are being worn.

I have a new Leafs alternate and a new Oilers alternate in the Premier that have the lower tag. My wife's Wild (at the time) alternate Premier has the same upper tag. So, I'm wondering if it just doesn't come down to age of the jersey. Heck, even my Chinese rip off Islanders alternate has the lower tag, but with the black Reebok stripe.

Interesting about the Wild jersey because my friend ordered the Oilers (we ordered together to save shipping fees) now home which was their third before, but it has the Reebok bottom tag

Right now it's probably a crap shoot as to which tag you get until the back stock of original style tagged jerseys dwindles.