Flyers Winter Classic customization (Do it Yourself)

rob77ta

Hello,

I recently spoke to a guy that can make me a number and name kit for my winter classic jersey I just purchased. The kit will be fused together and sewn using pro poly twill. My question to those out there who do your own customization is would I be getting in over my head if I tried to heat press (with my home iron) the nameplate and numbers on myself? Are there any tricks to get the centering done correctly? How would I do the sleeve numbers? I have a local shop that can sew them on but I am not to crazy about how the place their numbers (I would like the sleeve numbers to overlap the orange stripe going down the sleeve). Please let me know.

Hello,

I recently spoke to a guy that can make me a number and name kit for my winter classic jersey I just purchased. The kit will be fused together and sewn using pro poly twill. My question to those out there who do your own customization is would I be getting in over my head if I tried to heat press (with my home iron) the nameplate and numbers on myself? Are there any tricks to get the centering done correctly? How would I do the sleeve numbers? I have a local shop that can sew them on but I am not to crazy about how the place their numbers (I would like the sleeve numbers to overlap the orange stripe going down the sleeve). Please let me know.

Does the jersey have a thin or wide stripe? I know with the orange jersey, replica versions actually have a wider stripe, not smaller numbers which makes it distinctly different. Hopefully they didn't pull this crap with the WC as they were never retailed authentic and you will luck out. My suggestion for placement would be to track down some people who bought the Game Used/Issued and ask them to bust out a ruler. As always, measure twice, hell measure three times before you commit to the position and iron it down. You can always iron-on the numbers where you want, then take it to the local shop to do final stitching.

Does the jersey have a thin or wide stripe? I know with the orange jersey, replica versions actually have a wider stripe, not smaller numbers which makes it distinctly different. Hopefully they didn't pull this crap with the WC as they were never retailed authentic and you will luck out. My suggestion for placement would be to track down some people who bought the Game Used/Issued and ask them to bust out a ruler. As always, measure twice, hell measure three times before you commit to the position and iron it down. You can always iron-on the numbers where you want, then take it to the local shop to do final stitching.

I have a 2008/2009 orange (alternate at the time) edge authentic game worn jersey to use as a guide. Unfortunately, the stripe on my Winter Classic is wider than the one on my game worn jersey. So looks like the same as last year. Don't no why they do that.

I do my own and as far as placement goes I just find a picture of a game used jersey that is the same as what I'm trying to make and match them up as best I can. I concentrate more on getting everything level and looking symmetrical instead of breaking out rulers trying to get the gaps and distances from edges within a millimeter. If it looks good and looks like the picture I have and everything is level that's good enough for me.