Looking for a purple ultrafil nameplate

TMLFAN

I ordered the kit for my 96 western conference all star jersey but gameday didn't have a purple ultrafil nameplate for it. Does anybody know where I can pick up a purple ultrafil nameplate? Please let me know.

Oh boy...that's a tough one. Maybe EPS? MAYBE. I can't be positive. I'm pretty sure they have pre-1988 Kings purple but I don't know about that particular shade. My only other suggestion would be to try and find a replica version of that jersey and maybe use that as a plate. I'm not sure how you feel about cutting up a jersey though.

Oh boy...that's a tough one. Maybe EPS? MAYBE. I can't be positive. I'm pretty sure they have pre-1988 Kings purple but I don't know about that particular shade. My only other suggestion would be to try and find a replica version of that jersey and maybe use that as a plate. I'm not sure how you feel about cutting up a jersey though.

Would EPS sell only a nameplate though? I have no problem cutting up a replica as long as I can find one for cheap, I missed on last night that ended for $5 so hopefully I can find another in that price range.

Would EPS sell only a nameplate though? I have no problem cutting up a replica as long as I can find one for cheap, I missed on last night that ended for $5 so hopefully I can find another in that price range.

Yes. When they messed up my name plate TWICE (yes it was a complicated order I don't blame them and love their service) they worked with me and sent the correct one eventually. I'm pretty sure they would.

*sigh*

found a replica and bought it. Arrived today and the purple's a little bit lighter then on my authentic :angry:

Anyways, I've been looking at game used all star jersey's from 94-97 and I've noticed that some have nameplates and some don't. Has anybody else done research on this and noticed the same thing?

Here's is the Lemieux eastern from Meigray and notice it has no nameplate

img7995346.jpg

If some don't have nameplates I won't even bother putting one on mine which will be gravy for me since I can't find one.

*EDIT*

Searched through Getty and found a bunch of pics from the game and the jersey's don't have nameplates so I won't be putting one on mine thank god.

Wow, how about that? I never knew any of the All-Star jerseys were without plates. Was 1996 the only one you found without them or were there more years? It's definitely good info to have for the future.

Well, that saves a major headache in the long wrong. You need to post some pics when it gets finished.

Pics will be posted. The kits been ordered and the shoulder patch's are already on so it shouldn't be too much longer.

I should have done more research before I picked up the replica for the namebar. Oh well.