Are These Fake "Authentic" NHL RBK Edge Jerseys?

Dallas09

Hi members of this board,

I recently bought 2 jerseys from a site for $160, $80 each as the site had them discounted.

Listed are pictures of the jerseys, I think they are fake, (Almost 100% positive that they are) but I'm looking for other opinions.

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

If you were in my position, would you ask for a refund? If so should the seller be responsible for the shipping cost?

Thanks for the help,

Tyler

Yea, they're fake. If your game worn MeiGray tag has "Group" spelled "Groop" that's not a good sign.

The materials used for the names, numbers and main crests are "off" from the twill that authentic jerseys use. They look too shiny and the crests are to "puffy" compared to real ones.

There are other signs too, like the outlines on the name on the Crosby name are too thin and not very uniform overall. On the Ovechkin there are several instances of the zig-zag stitching not being done to a very high standard, such as wandering off into design elements of the shoulder patches for example.

The RBK vector logo on the back of the neck should be a patch on RBK produced jerseys, not like the embroidered one on the fakes.

For us jersey geeks, they are horrible fakes even for fakes. I would definitely ask for a refund because $80 is too much even for a good fake jersey, let alone a bad one.

Yea, they're fake. If your game worn MeiGray tag has "Group" spelled "Groop" that's not a good sign.

The materials used for the names, numbers and main crests are "off" from the twill that authentic jerseys use. They look too shiny and the crests are to "puffy" compared to real ones.

There are other signs too, like the outlines on the name on the Crosby name are too thin and not very uniform overall. On the Ovechkin there are several instances of the zig-zag stitching not being done to a very high standard, such as wandering off into design elements of the shoulder patches for example.

See, I usually frequent hockey card boards, but some people post Gamers from Meigray.. The Meigray GROOP tag was the dagger through the heart. Other than that, the shields were also a big indicator. Not being highly educated on Nameplates, crests and the Reebok logo is where I have less to no knowledge, so I couldn't really tell with those.

Thanks for the help guys!

yeah, those are fakes. i bought a knockoff Zetterberg away jersey last year. it's not bad, but has the same issue with the NHL patch as the above jerseys along with a few other minor details (it's a pretty solid knock to the untrained eye).

On the Ovechkin there are several instances of the zig-zag stitching not being done to a very high standard, such as wandering off into design elements of the shoulder patches for example.

Yes yes yes. The stitching is ALWAYS a good marker. Any time you see that almost erratic stitch pattern, it's a knock-off. One of our members actually posted the differences between the EDGE authentics and the fakes in the NHL section. Check it out because it helps immensely and will save you some money.

Yes, those two "authentic" jerseys are both fakes.... unfortunately. The reebok vector logo on the back is supposed to be raised... and look at its distance from the name... it should be much closer.

You can tell there is definitely something up with that stitching... it doesn't look like the glacier twill most sewing companies use on customized NHL jerseys.

The material the jerseys are made out of looks cheap and I bet when you feel it, it's not very thick, but rather thin and flimsy.

The crests are probably not sewn on very well either.... indicating it is possible they may fall off after a period of time of use and / or washing.

Yes, those two "authentic" jerseys are both fakes.... unfortunately. The reebok vector logo on the back is supposed to be raised... and look at its distance from the name... it should be much closer.

You can tell there is definitely something up with that stitching... it doesn't look like the glacier twill most sewing companies use on customized NHL jerseys.

The material the jerseys are made out of looks cheap and I bet when you feel it, it's not very thick, but rather thin and flimsy.

The crests are probably not sewn on very well either.... indicating it is possible they may fall off after a period of time of use and / or washing.

The Capitals don't use glacier twill on their jersey and Penguins use it only on their home and away jersey.

Worst of all is that the jersey might be impregnated with something that can cause dermal cancer. That's what was found out on fake PUMA and ADIDAS items.

The Capitals don't use glacier twill on their jersey and Penguins use it only on their home and away jersey.

Worst of all is that the jersey might be impregnated with something that can cause dermal cancer. That's what was found out on fake PUMA and ADIDAS items.

Really? What in them can cause cancer? Is it all fakes or just the ones made in China?